cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alisonss
Active Contributor

Don't want to see dual monitors

I have 2 monitors at office and when I use a program remotely and opening a tab within, the tab will open onto my second monitor.  Then I need to switch between monitors constantly.  How do I set log me in to only view the main monitor?  When sitting in front of host computer the tab opens on main monitor, it is only remotely that the tab opens in second monitor.

I apologize if this is a dumb question - thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alisonss
Active Contributor

Re: Don't want to see dual monitors

Your instuctions worked perfectly!  Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Alison,

If I understand you correctly, you are remoting into a host computer, where you have a designated application you use for work?

In this case, the setting would be located on that remote PC itself.  This hack is a quick fix that has worked with some applications in the past (Windows 10): 

1. Open the application
  2. Drag it to the screen you want it to open on
  3. Minimize it to half size
  4. Then close it out without maximizing it again

See if your next new window from this app opens on the main monitor?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
alisonss
Active Contributor

Your instuctions worked perfectly!  Thank you!

alisonss
Active Contributor

Although the instructions worked - the screen I want is showing just on the one monitor, I have another problem.  Any screens that I open within the program are too large to see, and I can't minimize to see the entire form I am looking at.

Example - I am looking at customer module which I can see all information, but when I click to open their last invoice I am unable to see the invoice in it's entirety - the top right mazimize / minimize button isn't showing - it is stretched past the monitor viewing area.  I have tried to change resolution without any success - how can I fix this?