cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaVeN
Contributor

Feature Request: S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology

Just about every other platform will monitor S.M.A.R.T.  I am hoping that LogMeIn will take this into consideration and add S.M.A.R.T monitoring to their platform.  While S.M.A.R.T is certain not perfect, it is a great indicator of possible system issues.

If you are not familiar, S.MA.R.T is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report various indicators of drive reliability with the intent of anticipating imminent hardware failures.

If you want to see what S.M.A.R.T can do, check out Crystal Disk Info to check the drives in your computer.

https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

** I would suggest the Crystal DiskInfo standard edition, ZIP version.  It will run as a portable APP and you can simply delete the folder when you are done with it if you do not want to continue to use it.  

I am not sure how to pressure LMI to do this, but I am in favor of a product that can make me more proactive then reactive.  I hope you agree.  Hit the Kudos or reply if you think this would be a good feature.

Thanks for the support.

John