cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geekymitch
New Contributor

How to prevent end users from installing windows 11?

All - we currently manage patching with logmein - it's a bit janky in that it seems users can still install updates if they choose to, even before we push them out.

With that in mind, is there an easy way to prevent users from installing feature updates or, more to the point, numerical updates?  We are on win 10 and I do NOT want my users to install Windows 11 when it becomes available tomorrow...

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How to prevent end users from installing windows 11?

@geekymitch  If these users have the local administrative rights needed for an OS update, there's not much LogMeIn can do to stop them from proceeding with the installation.  Have you considered a Group Policy for this purpose?  

Reference:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-wufb-group-policy#:~:text=You%20can%...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
geekymitch
New Contributor

Re: How to prevent end users from installing windows 11?

I wish we could - we are a startup and, at current time, do not have any real way of administering group policy since we are 100% cloud, and intune isn't an option just yet either.

As long as win 11 requires admin credentials then we're golden - users are not administrators on their local machines.