cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV

I kept finding it on workstations here and there.  I would uninstall thinking I missed it, but I continued to find it.  I thought maybe there was a remaining workstation acting as a repository and installing the Updater, or a Windows DC Server GPO installing silently.  Never could find workstations nor any GPOs. 

I spent hours looking around on the Internet to solve this problem.  I finally found it Logmein without telling me when I turned 3rd party application updates that they would be silently installing Kaspersky Russian Software.  You know, the Russians, who all 17 Intelligence agencies in the US say is hacking our elections and numerous other infrastructure systems in our country and most of the rest of the World.

Russia is untrustworthy.   Plenty of information to chew about that:  https://www.google.com/search?q=ties+between+Kaspersky+and+russia&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS787US787&oq=ties+b...

This isn't acceptable not being notified the technology being used for 3rd Party application updater.

4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Manager

Re: 'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV

Hi @crcurran,

I understand your concern and would like to reassure you and all of our Central customers, that we closely monitor and review all 3rd party software that we use.  Disabling the Automatic Updates feature will result in the software being removed but, there is also a One2Many script that you can run. I have shared your feedback with the product team.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Re: 'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV

My DDQ efforts for compliance just took a sucker punch to the gut because of your lack of transparency.

Cut ties with Kaspersky or I predict you will be taking an even bigger PR hit. Take that message to your Board of Directors not just the Product Team. 

If I don't see enough movement on correcting this, I will be trumpeting it from the mountaintops come next Winter. That disclosure of my intent is my transparency.

New Contributor

'Kaspersky Software Updater' keeps installing, but I got rid of Kaspersky AV masudparvaze

Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed x 1000

"Application updater" is dangerously misleading.  Particularly in the context of the customers you are targeting.

We are not the people you want to be hiding things from.

"INSTALL KASPERSKY APPLICATION UPDATER AGENT" would be a meaningful radio button.  Clear intent, no surprises.

Giving us all heart attacks when the A/V starts sending alerts about silent background installs of Kaspersky that we didn't buy and didn't authorize...that is a strange choice for a company looking to build a loyal and long-term customer base among industry professionals.

Cut it out.