Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itbus
Active Contributor

Re: LogMeIn AntiVirus Not Being Detected

The logmein service

One at a time...
Dashboard -> remote control -> computer management -> reboot options -> restart logmein

Still haven't found a O2M solution
itbus
Active Contributor

Here's the O2M command...

net stop logmein & net start logmein

When it runs, it will fail, reporting "Execution cancelled" and the log will be empty.  This is because the stop command kills its ability to report back the result.  I have verified manually on several machines that this works.  This will NOT however, get the AV Manage screen to show the correct status.

After the service restart O2M finishes, you have to issue the "Install LogMeIn AntiVirus" command from the AV Manage screen.  I'm getting about 50/50 reporting correctly after doing this.  LMI Support says it will correct itself within 24 hours.

itbus
Active Contributor

Machines that have not restarted after Tuesday's Windows Update are not reporting AV status correctly.

davek
Active Contributor

Same issue here. Just migrated 100+ machines from Webroot over to LMI AV over the past two weeks and now this. I immediately regret my decision.
pmahoney
Active Contributor

Same here. We did 2 months ago.
MaVeN
Contributor

Same story here.  900 Endpoints with Windows Update issues and now LMI AV issues and the fix is to manually touch each machine (really?!).

To be honest, I am OK with the issue as it can happen to all/any of us.  The problem is:

- lack of communication

- poor support

- no priority to fix

- no real (RMM) solution to fix

- no upgrades to platform for long-term stability

I hate to say it, but it may be time to start to look for a new RMM partner and that really stinks.  Unfortunately things are getting worse here, not better.

John

Pizzolanteg
Active Contributor

This workaround works perfectly see below (for couple of users it could be useful) but I am waiting for a global solution as I have 700 users to fix. 

One at a time...
Dashboard -> remote control -> computer management -> reboot options -> restart logmein

Tried to call them just now --> give up after 30min on hold 😞

ddieckman
Active Contributor

This is not working for me. When trying to push out a new version of LMI AV, it says Could not apply Policy. Please try again later.

ddieckman
Active Contributor

@MaVeN wrote:

Same story here.  900 Endpoints with Windows Update issues and now LMI AV issues and the fix is to manually touch each machine (really?!).

To be honest, I am OK with the issue as it can happen to all/any of us.  The problem is:

- lack of communication

- poor support

- no priority to fix

- no real (RMM) solution to fix

- no upgrades to platform for long-term stability

I hate to say it, but it may be time to start to look for a new RMM partner and that really stinks.  Unfortunately things are getting worse here, not better.

John

You hit the nail on the head with this one. You can do all the testing in the world on new releases/features, but bugs will appear and exist. Just how software development works. However, it's how those bugs are addressed that makes the difference. Even an acknowledgement by LMI to say that it's a known issue that they are looking into would give us some confidence.

As it stands, this is our last contract with LMI Central. We were on the fence when we signed our last agreement and hoped it would get better. It has not. It's been the same pattern of no communication, slow support, and lack of acknowledgement when there is an issue.

It's sad, because it in the past, their support was top notch. It's gotten progressively worse the longer we've stayed with them. 

All that being said, I'm sending this entire community post to our Account Manager as well as the ticket I submitted to show where my decision comes from when I choose not to renew and I encourage others to do the same. At least those Account Managers will have the information in front of them as to why their customers are leaving.

SpaceCadet81
Active Contributor

Not to mention they want to more than double your cost your currently paying at each renewal period.