cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaVeN
Contributor

LogMeIn Antivirus Silent Mode - Does Not Always Apply

Hi LMI Team,

I am reporting another issue with LMI AV that needs to be addressed.  Along with other AV issues such as https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Central-Discussions/Logmein-AntiVirus-Site-exclusions/td-p/..., I am reporting a Silent Mode issue.

Here is the example.  I create a LMI AV policy.  This policy will have Silent Mode enabled (checked).  I then deploy the AV through LMI to lets say a group of 10 computers.  I am finding that about 10% of the machines deployed to (at random locations) will not abide by the Silent Mode policy.  This means the icon is still visiable in the tray and the user has full access, etc.  The policy listed in the web interface IS the correct policy with the correct settings (except for one locations where the policy is blank on one endpoint and I cannot apply a policy even through I try to push it through the web interface).

I have tried to uninstall the prodcut locally and reapply the install through the LMI interface.  I have tried an update from the LMI AV endpoint interface.  None of these solutions have changed anything.  Can you please advise on how to resolve this issue.  

All systems in question are Windows 10 PRO, 1903.  I am happy to provide more information as needed.

It sort of feels like the LMI AV still needs some final tweaking to work 100%.  Can you please update the forum as well on when we can expect some fixes and patches to remidiate some of the issues.

Thanks.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Antivirus Silent Mode - Does Not Always Apply

Thanks for the feedback @MaVeN ,

I've brought it up with the Central teams to shed light on the problem.  If this should continue, we may want to collect some log files from the affected machines that are not launching silent mode.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Antivirus Silent Mode - Does Not Always Apply

Thanks for the feedback @MaVeN ,

I've brought it up with the Central teams to shed light on the problem.  If this should continue, we may want to collect some log files from the affected machines that are not launching silent mode.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!