cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ballisticbro
New Contributor

Multi Monitor Dragging

I have a user with multiple monitors, connecting to their PC in the office from home with multiple monitors, which displays fine on each monitor, but is unable to drag from the primary monitor to the secondary/tertiary monitors. They can drag from secondary/tertiary to primary, without any issue. When not connected to their remote PC, dragging works fine across the extended desktop on the monitors.

To further complicate things, when I connect to their home setup, using only one monitor, I can drag between the multiple LMI windows, which represent the monitors, without any issue.

I can't seem to find any information on others having this or similar issue.

Client version is 1.3.5179 on both my machine and user's home machine.

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Multi Monitor Dragging

@ballisticbro  Can you tell us how the problem client has their multiple monitors connected and what the display setup looks like there?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ballisticbro
New Contributor

@AshC . In the office the pc has dual Geforce GT 610 video cards running 3 Acer monitors, side by side.

At home, the user a Dell Laptop with a LG HDR WQHD 35WN75C curved monitor, which allows splitting of the screen for multiple windows/displays, with the laptop display below the curved 2 display monitor.

Whilst checking the above with the user, he highlighted that fact that when attempting to move between logmein displays, he could see the edge of the window appear but then bounce back to screen 1(laptop). I talked him throught applying the "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" setting in the control panel, and that fixed the issue. He then disabled the setting, for testing purposes, and it's still working, although he has to be "forceful" when moving a window to a different display. Just slide the window up results in Windows arranging the window.

I hope that makes sense and may be of use to others.

Thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ballisticbro  Thanks for the follow up!

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!