cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Remote printing - how do I turn it OFF as default

Remote printing causes many issues and changes the clients default printer even after leaving a session.

Remote printing is always ON and even when I turn it OFF, seems to be on again next time I connect to a given machine. How do I turn it OFF globally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Remote printing - how do I turn it OFF as default

Hi,

With Central Plus and Premier, you can use a Host Preferences Package to disable remote printing for hosts and then attach that host preferences package to a deployment so it is disabled from the moment of installation. (Windows only) 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
15 REPLIES 15
New Contributor

Hello,

I have the same question. It is very annoying. Could anyone help us?

Thank you.

New Contributor

Hi,
i too would like to know if you can..

Regards
New Contributor

did this ever get resolved as I am also having the same problem and would like to turn off remote printing globally

Active Contributor

I would also like that option: to have the ability to remote print, but to not have it set the Logmein printer as the default. The original default local printer is not always selected after the session is ended.

New Contributor

You have to create a Host Preference Package. At least that's how I did it. Uncheck Remote Printing in the Remote Control category. Then you'll need to assign computers to the package you created.

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-c-host-preferences-central-rc

If you install logmein on more computers later on you need to remember to add them to that package because they're not assigned automatically.

Active Contributor

Thanks jimmyj, but I think that stops remote printing completley. I just want the default to be the normal local printer, but with the ability to print to the remote printer if I need to.

I'm experimenting with the Options at the top of the remote screen - you can uncheck all remote printers there, and I want to see whether that sticks for future sessions. I don't believe there's a way to make that the default.

New Contributor

I don't think there's any way to enable remote printing without also making it the default printer upon connection. Or there didn't used to be.

I also wanted to have both printers there but didn't want the logmein printer as default because usually upon disconnection it would either keep the logmein printer installed as default or it would remove it but then leave no other printer as the default. This caused havoc with our programs that would automatically print to the default printer. So we nixed it altogether.

Good luck

Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

As it currently stands, remote printing would either have to be enabled or disabled.  There is no setting that would disable the feature temporarily.  In order to disable remote printing a host preference package would have to be created or it would have to be configured on the computers registry.  The default printer that connects is the default printer at the Client location and can be disconnected from clicking on Options>Remote Printing on the remote access toolbar.  I hope this helps clear any confusion on the remote printing feature.

Brian_T is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

New Contributor

I have this problem and it IS REALLY REALLY annoying, creating a lot of unnecessary support aggravation. And this complicated way of getting the job done is just over my head - and this is REALLY something simple. 

It is ASTONISHING that such a sophisticated program lacks such as basic setting. 

PLEASE PLEASE FIX.