cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Remote printing - how do I turn it OFF as default

I agree.  The LogMeIn print driver is incompatible with Microsoft Office and leads to file corruption.  This is a serious defect that we would expect to be addressed, especially in such a pricey service.  

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

With Central Plus and Premier, you can use a Host Preferences Package to disable remote printing for hosts and then attach that host preferences package to a deployment so it is disabled from the moment of installation. (Windows only) 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Unless something's changed, I think that stops remote printing completely. I just want the default to be the normal local printer, or nothing selected, but with the ability to print to the remote printer if I need to.

Active Contributor

The worst part of this is that it reassigned the default printer to the LogMeIn Remote Printer.   I don't know how many times I've gotten a call that they can't print because when I disconnected taking the assigned Default Printer with me, that it defaulted to "Send to OneNote" or some other useless Printer Driver.

Turn this feature off by default, Logmein, Inc.!!  Let user click a button to activate.  It's used so little it makes no sense to make the default behavior

Hey, GlennD,  how about your "Product Team" changes the default behavior of Logmein Central.  Have the user turn on/off Remote Printing with a button the toolbar for ease - OR - have the printer be assigned but DO NOT make it the Default Printer. It seems you are trying to cater to a tiny fraction of users and making more work for IT.

New Contributor

2019 is almost over and this is still a problem.  Who the heck would EVER want "Remote Printing" and "Remote Sound" turned on by default?  Literally no one.  Why is this still a problem?

New Contributor

I have the same issue.  Remote preinting needs turning off.  It is so bad, I am looking at switching away from LMI.

Come on LMI - fix this issue.