cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo369
New Contributor

Windows 10 1803 i cant install the logmein client

i have tried installing on 3 computers with fresh installes and updates. every time i get Logmein Setup ended prematurley . is there a work around for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cala555
Active Contributor

Re: Windows 10 1803 i cant install the logmein client

The answer was just posted in another post that worked for me:  

Try this, it worked for me. When downloading from the Add Computer within logmein central, it did not work. However, when downloading it from here, which I would have thought to be the same source, it worked:

https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

It's either a different install package or they just fixed it and I happened to grab it right after.

But If I had to guess, the error has to do with the account association. The LogMeIn Central version ties the user to the installer. This version requires you log in after you install. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
cala555
Active Contributor

I'm getting the same issue here as well.  I have tried everything I can find online to fix this, but nothing works.  Even tried doing an Adhoc install and failed as well.  I am on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Thanks,

Mike

cala555
Active Contributor

The answer was just posted in another post that worked for me:  

Try this, it worked for me. When downloading from the Add Computer within logmein central, it did not work. However, when downloading it from here, which I would have thought to be the same source, it worked:

https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

It's either a different install package or they just fixed it and I happened to grab it right after.

But If I had to guess, the error has to do with the account association. The LogMeIn Central version ties the user to the installer. This version requires you log in after you install. 

Ricardo369
New Contributor

That installer worked thank you

TekSide

That installer worked for me too... thanks

nico2001
Active Contributor

That installer worked for me too... Many thanks!

Robin777
New Contributor

Made no difference for me. Gets to the page saying use this user to login and then nothing. No progress bar whatsoever. Tried on 2 or 3 different machines with the same result. By the way, if you try with the standard installer and then try the "updated" one you cannot proceed at all because it still tinks the original one is in progress, even after a forced reboot.

ALendzion
New Contributor

I am working on a new build with Windows 10 1803 and have the same issue - the solution you proposed did not work.  Do you have a link to the article you pulled this solution from so I can read into other options?

aqua_jon
Active Contributor

Thanks, but when we login and need to choose our subscription the only option available is the free one - any idea?

nico2001
Active Contributor

Yes, but if you go on and choose the Free Subscription (expiring in 2020, I think), it might work as it did for me.