cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coastalIT

Using LMI Central to apply Windows 10 feature updates

Is this possible?

For example, we have a number of clients still on Windows 10 1903 and 2004. But on the LMI Central interface I don't see anything that would allow those clients to be updated to 20H2. What am I missing?

Thank you!

MikeB1

Re: Windows OS Version and Build Number in LogMeIn Central

Hi Ash & all.

Is there any update for this?  I have over 2000 systems on LogMeIn and I would like to know if there is a way of generating a report to show the operating system version of each system.  For online systems, you can login and see each version, but this will take quite some time.

Is there any option to see operating systems for offline computers? 

Kind regards,

Mike

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey @MikeB1  

Sorry, I know this is a top request for development addition, and will press the team to see if it's possible any time soon. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Adrian_Forte
Active Contributor

It's been a top request for two years and three months. I don't think "top request" means what they think it means....

johnnyg5
Visitor

Re: Using LMI Central to apply Windows 10 feature updates

I  am having the same issue.  Did you come up with a good solution?

BillMobile1
New Contributor

LOL, yeah... its 2022 and this still looks like its going nowhere.

I came looking because build number has become even more important since LMI is showing any Windows 11 computers I have as Windows 10, and the only way to differentiate is to check the build number (Win 11 is currently showing as Windows 10 (whatever edition & architecture) build: 22000.

With the existing issue where a user without local admin can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I was hoping to set up an alert to tell me if any of our 500 or so devices upgrades while I wait on our network admin to get a GPO in place blocking the upgrade. Since people have been waiting since 2019, Im not holding my breath. 

Adrian_Forte
Active Contributor

You would be wise for not holding your breath. LogMeIn has managed to keep some bugs going since I started using the product at 2016. At this point, you'd actually have to put work into maintaining some of these bugs that long. They have your money, what do they are about improvements. Until someone comes along who's a legit competitor to them, you're not going to get squat. TeamViewer, while simpler (and better), in some ways, is twice as much money, with a lot less functionality.

Frankly. I would take less functionality for more improvements in what we already have that can only be considered "working" by only the most charitable of evaluations.

BillMobile1
New Contributor

Yep, 2016 here as well. Started off with 40 seats and am at around 500 now.

I wanted to use our Asset tracking software to monitor this, but the agent only runs at certain intervals, and since we are decentralized, some clients agent only connects every few days. I figured LMI is present as soon as they are online, so it would be the way to go.

My network admin has been pushing ConnectWise over LMI for a while, and as time goes on it seems like it may be a more viable solution (so much more robust controls over the end user device)... I even worked money into the budget in case we go that direction. Oh well...

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

Just out of curiosity - what asset tracking software? Never found one I "love".....

BillMobile1
New Contributor

Uhg, I wish I had a good recommendation; We use the asset module for ServiceDeskPlus by ManageEngine. Its a good product, but the way that the agent runs to scan computers is my only complaint; You schedule it to scan computers at a particular time, and if that computer isn't online, the scan fails. 90% of my seats are scattered across the country and using cellular hotspots to connect, on different shifts, etc., so I have a lot of devices only scanning once or twice a month. Its a pain for pushing GPO's, too. 

Other than that its a decent product, integrates well into ManageEngines other modules and wasnt too pricey, all things considered.