cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uptimesvc
Active Contributor

Windows Updates

LogMeIn Central's Windows Update feature is not recognizing the vast majority of December's  patches. I've had issues with some patches before but this is the worst I've ever seen. On Windows 7 machines it's only recognizing 3 of the 10 to 11 patches that are availible. It shows the correct number of patches but when you click on it to show the actual patches you get the  dreaded "Details not yet available for x updates. Please check again later." message. On Windows 7 machines there are at least 7 updates not showing up including the main December security monthly quality rollup (KB4530734) and all the MS Office updates.  On WIndows 10 it's not recognizing the  December Windows MSRT patch (KB890830) Are others seeing this as well? It's really going to impact my patch weekend workload. I called into support and got no real help.

6 REPLIES 6
oscarwingartz
New Contributor

Re: Windows Updates

been there no answer of why there is -details not yet available bla bla- still no response from LMI
uptimesvc
Active Contributor

The problem was even worse this month with the MS updates.  Windows 7,  Windows 10 and Server 2012r2 were all showing patches missing because of "details not available".   Made for a very long weekend and makes the Windows update feature of LMI Central pretty useless.  Because of these issues I had to log onto every computer individually.  That's not what I'm paying for.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@uptimesvc @oscarwingartz  I don't know of any tickets up around the behavior you're reporting.  If you can call directly into Customer Support, I am certain we can help document the problem environments to see where the hold up is.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
uptimesvc
Active Contributor

I apprecaite your response and really wish that was the case. Unfortunately I have had multiple tickets open on this issue and the problem has only become worse. Support always want access to my client’s computers which is very inconvenient. I have however played along in the past. The annoying thing is this is a very repeatable issue and should be able to be investigated in house. If someone at LMI would setup a test computer and manage windows updates on it using LMI Central I pretty much guarantee you would see the dreaded "Details not yet available..." message very quickly. To make it easier make sure the target PC has Windows Defender enabled because those updates are processed thru WU and very often cause issues.

BTW - The last time I called in on this problem the tech told me this was by design and that it prevents dangerous or malicious updates from getting pushed. This was on the Friday after MS patch Tuesday and the patch causing the issue was a MS security update that amongst other things fixed a zero-day vulnerability. Not helpful at all. In addition, most of my patching takes place on weekends to minimize impact on my customers and  surprisingly there is still no phone support on weekends.

MaVeN
Contributor

Same issue here.  Almost 900 endpoints and all are showing this behavior.

I hate to say it (and I am not trying to be a jerk) but submitting a ticket or calling tech support is almost always a waste of time.

Please update the product so that the Windows update works appropriately 100% of the time (at least 90% of the time).  It is not an environment issue (this is happening at many locations for us (domain, non-domain, different typologies, different Internet providers, etc.).  This is a LMI issue that needs to be addressed.   The product is simply not working.

Thank you.

John

uptimesvc
Active Contributor

So it's patch weekend and guess what? Two of the four available patches for Windows 10 are not being recognized by LMI yet again. The dreaded "Details not yet available" message for both KB890830 (Standard monthly MSRT) and KB4537759 (MS Security update for Adobe Flash Player)

I don't understand - this used to be an occasional problem. Now it's a constant issue and renders the LMI update capabilities useless. If we have to get on every machine to finish updates what good is this module?