cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daver99
New Contributor

file distribution speed

Hi,  I'm at the moment testing a one2many task to push a video file to a client pc.  The file is 350megs and it looks like the transfer is proceeding.   The issue I am having is with the speed.  In resource monitor I see the throughput running at about 32kbytes per second.  That is really slow.  If I run speed test on that client computer (while the transfer is ongoing) I get 61Mbits per seconds (a bit over 7 Megabytes per second).

Why is the transfer from the logmein server so slow?  Can I speed it up somehow?  Is there a transfer speed setting?

Thanks,

dR

9 REPLIES 9
Daver99
New Contributor

Re: file distribution speed

hmm at the current rate it is going to take 12 hours to send this video. I think we should be able to do better.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Daver99  You can toggle the compression settings within LogMeIn by going to Preferences and then to the Advanced Settings tab.  By default, 'Best' will be selected, but there may be file transfer speed improvements seen by switching to a different compression setting.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Daver99
New Contributor

Hi Ash, I did already set it to fast, but no practical change has been seen.  I can't imagine why the logmein cloud servers are sending out at roughly 8kbytes per second.  Someone needs to turn the knob a little to towards "full blast".  A ten hour download is simply not practical.  My users are all on laptops that come on and go off for an hour at a time.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Daver99   If your users are in different locations, do you see identical transfer times when connected elsewhere?

Daver99
New Contributor

This is a test of the system, just going to the laptop sitting beside me.  I can get 7 or so megabytes per second from most common internet sources (e.g. google drive, our cloud based ftp site)  We are in Vancouver

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Daver99  We would want to test with the LMI Central services specifically.  This is not related to your ISP or local network, as those look to be pretty fast.  Please test the Central connection to a different PC on a different network to rule out the client variable.  Feel free to call into support if you'd like a hand.

Daver99
New Contributor

Ok - will do.  I've got a client in Indiana who can assist with giving me test access.  I'll let you know

Daver99
New Contributor

Hi again,

I retested locally this morning and now things are running at full speed.  Nothing has changed on my side. I simply re-ran the same plan and now I am getting 4megs per second.  

?? Not sure why the hamsters were so slow yesterday ??

DR

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks @Daver99 .  Let us know if it becomes problematic again.