cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bir
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi Offline at Startup

Good morning, I started to use hamachi on computers with windows 10, I don't know about previous versions of Windows. Anyway, I don't think it depends on windows version, the services are correctly loaded and if "connection button" is pressed all goes right. Maybe Hamachi tries to start the network adapter too quickly at windows startup and if the attempt goes wrong Hamachi sets the client as offline without trying a second attempt.

Have a nice day.

Active Contributor

Thank you Bir.

I use Hamachi from several years ago and I have exactly the same problem of you, only with version > Win 7, but it could be a coincidence.

Active Contributor

Ok, I contacted the support and I had a possible answer.

They suggested me to check a setting in a configuration file and possibly to change the value of that key from 0 to 1. Unfortunately, at the moment I can only do it on a couple of machines and since the problem does not always occur, it will take several days to understand if something has changed. If others have the same problem we are talking about and want to help understand if the solution is valid, we can do a much better job the more computers are involved in the verification.

To do this test, first stop the LogMeIn Hamachi service from the services screen: These are the suggested steps:

Press the Windows key and R at the same time to produce a Run box

Type in the Run box “Services.msc” and hit enter

In the Services window that appears, locate and right click on LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling and select Stop

Then verify and eventually change the value (on my two accessible machines it was = 0), following these steps:

On your system, locate the following folder:

C:\WINDOWS\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi

Open the h2-engine.cfg file

Locate Core.AutoLogin and change the value to 1

Save the file

Start Hamachi again

So, if someone wants to try this possible solution, his feedback will be a great help

New Contributor

Alextyx- Thank you for your idea. We had two of us using LMI-Hitachi. A few hours ago (Sat. night) I had a "grey" presentation for my network and the two users registered on it. I could see one user with a "black font" name (but dot was grey), suggesting he was online and on Himachi. He did not see me thru his Himachi except as a grey entry on his network. We use LMI-Himachi every Sat. night and have not altered it since last week. However, I installed a major MS patch beginning Friday and finishing on start-up today, Saturday. Followed your instructions carefully (Notepad spaces out 1 and 0 to start of next variable; Notepad users will also see that the Core.AutoLogin was immediately preceded by the number "41"). We both found Core variable set to 0. I set mine to 1 and everything ran fine; display of my friend's LMI-H was normal with a green dot. My friend left his at 0 and it still worked. Hope this feedback is useful to you, Alex.

Active Contributor

Many thanks! I hope every feedback could be useful for Hamachi support, at least. I have a first feedback, too, but I have to try once again before to say something for sure. The first PC on which I set the value from 0 to 1, has that key once again = 0 and, in fact, it started with the **bleep** grey icon. So I suspect I didn't act properly. I'll set once again to 1 the value, then I'll close and open again the file and I'll check if the new value will be correctly set to 1. Then we will see if it will be maintained. My guess is I didn't do the change properly, but it could be possible that something  changed it after my variation.

New Contributor

Just to update my earlier entry. We have had uninterrupted Hamachi service since making changes described by Alextyx in my earlier message. Everything has been in green (when appropriate). While two other folks are still running with unchanged Hamachi, I have kept the change and have had no further problems. My guess is this is an individual user problem with the user's Hamachi not able to be seen by others with functional Hamachis; the problem is in something done by Windows in an idiosyncratic fashion vs. the user's Windows configuration. With the new big Windows patch coming out today, users might want to use this as a starting place for regaining functionality if it is lost after the patch. My thanks again to Alextyx.