cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Slow downloads after installing Hamachi

I've been having this issue for so long now! For some reason, my internet is blazing fast until I install Hamachi. Certain website downloads are affected but others aren't. for instance, downloading a zip file from "downloads.oneplus.com" WITHOUT Hamachi shows 3 minutes left. AFTER installing Hamachi, that same file now says 20 Minutes.... Same issue happens with Microsoft's download servers, when trying to download the Windows 10 iso, Hamachi just DESTROYS the download speed when my internet is more than capable of downloading large files quickly!

Even uninstalling Hamachi leaves the same affect, almost like there's something left in the system that causes this, registry data maybe? Any pointers?

5 REPLIES 5
New Contributor

Re: Slow downloads after installing Hamachi

got the same problem here ... after installingy hamachi i`ve got slow downloads on HTTP and on steam, origin and so on ... uninstalling hamachi doesn`t fix it ... need some help

i`ve testet jdownloader and if i download something 10 files with 20 downloads chucks at the same time i got mei 1 gigabit speed ... but this is the only way

New Contributor

So I'm not the only one! Yeah I tried EVERYTHING to get my speeds back, I finally got frustrated and reinstalled Windows on my PC, and found an alternative for Hamachi. I will never use Hamachi again because of this issue that was only fixed by a clean OS install. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention what I use now, so message me if you're curious Smiley Happy
New Contributor

What alternative did you take?
So... I guess I have to kill my system too 😑
New Contributor

Yeah it's a real bummer! I tried to talk to support and they just tried to convince me it wasn't Hamachi doing this -.- Alright I'll just say it here lol I switched to Radmin VPN after restoring my system, never had a problem after that! www.radmin-vpn.com
New Contributor

Yeah... Like you said. Did last night a clean install and use radmib VPN now.
Everything is just fine now!

Thank you bro, you helped me a lot.
A repair install didn't work for windows.

So you really need to install the hole thing from the beginning