cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsp
New Contributor

Cannot install DPMS-enabled monitor driver - can I update my monitor drivers online?

Hello,

I have a problem because when I try to blank the host computer's screen I get a message saying that logmein could not install the DPMS-enabled monitor driver.

This is because I do not have a Windows managed monitor driver (and hence do not have a DPMS enabled one).

It has been suggested that I contact the OEM and add the device to the device manager manually but is this something I can do online? i.e. Can I update my monitor drivers online?

Any help would be much appreciated!

9 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Re: Cannot install DPMS-enabled monitor driver - can I update my monitor drivers online?

I had the same issue, and just was able to fix it.  What I did was right-click the Computer shortcut and choose Manage.  Go to Device Manager, expand the Monitors tree.  Right-click on all monitors shown and choose Uninstall.  Do this for each monitor.  When you've removed all the monitors, right click on your computer at the top of the Device Manager screen and choose Scan for hardware changes.

That will scan your computer for any hardware that hasn't been installed.  It should find and add your monitors again.  Go ahead and close the Computer Managment window.

Now just log in with a remote client again (I used my iphone) and go to the connection settings and set it to blank the screen.  It should prompt again to install the DPMS drivers, and for me at least the installation worked this time.  For whatever reason if you have a bad monitor driver installed it won't update it correctly, but removing the monitor in device manager did the trick for me.

New Contributor

Re: Cannot install DPMS-enabled monitor driver - can I update my monitor drivers online?

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

New Contributor

This worked awesome!!!! You are a life saver!!

New Contributor

Just to add to comments above....

It didn't work for me until i uninstalled all the monitors. When I had left 2 monitors that were already DPMS enabled, Logmein could not install DPMS drivers just for the other two monitors. I'm not sure but this may be the way Logmein DPMS driver installer is designed to work.

New Contributor

You my friend are a life saver!!! Your AWESOME!!!

Just to expand a bit, I had my monitor which was dpms enabled and was working fine for the past 2 years. Then I decide I need two monitors and hook that up and try to blank the screens but get that ugly DPMS error! I tried reinstalling the driver of the new monitor only but it didn't work! (I thought the old monitor driver as it had dpms it should be good)

Uninstalled both drivers according to gameraboy and guess what it WORKS now!!!

Also I uninstalled the monitor drivers while I was controlling the computer via Logmein, so for those of you like me, don't worry it won't kill your session.

New Contributor

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

New Contributor

Hi

This is a great fix.

I realise this was over a year ago

I was actually on the phone to logmein support when I came across this fix.

I was left on hold for at least 10 minutes and I had to hang up.

The problem was fixed before the logmeing guy came back to me

Overall rating Logmein 0 Community 1

Philip

New Contributor

Thank YouSir Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Worked like a charm!  Thank you!