cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithDonaldson
Visitor

Re: Command prompt closes immediately on connecting

NOTE: NOT Solved. Expecting a fix for this. I am remotely managing 100's of desktops and laptops from southern Texas to Canada.

paulquevedojdrf
Active Contributor

Im having this issue as well, and it appears the original poster still is too. Is there a way to not mark this as resolved since its clearly not.
KB-BC
Visitor

I am having the exact same issue. From what I have determined, I can connect to any client that uses the Command Prompt (there are few). All others usually connect to a remote PowerShell instead, those are all failing.

Oddly enough, if I open the computer's dashboard from the web portal, I can connect to the remote shell without issue (Computer Management->Command Prompt). It's only doing so from the "LogMeIn Client" app that fails.

jowsr
Active Contributor

I can also confirm that this is happening from the Logmein Client and can only access sites that get cmd prompt instead of powershell.

Access via the web dashboard does work as KB-BC mentioned but is so much slower to access than the direct option in the Logmein Client. 

nbrattain18

Same is happening to me. I really need a fix. We set a group policy setting to use cmd by default rather than ps, but it made no difference. This is a vital part of my workflow that needs to be addressed!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

It seems from reports that the cause may not be fully reliant on local firewall settings.  If you've already confirmed your firewall is not related, can you please create a case with Customer Support so we can fully document the affected environment? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
elgordo123
New Contributor

Re: Command prompt closes immediately on connecting (Not Solved!)

Having same issue.  Was successfully able to connect to the command prompt via the web browser (not the executable the web browser provided, but through the web browser itself).   

Shrek_in_AZ
New Contributor

Re: Command prompt closes immediately on connecting (Not Solved!)

having same problem i can not access the command prompt window via the client but can launch it from the web browser dashboard, problem is i can't run my automated scripts via the browser window this is affecting productivity 

paulquevedojdrf
Active Contributor

I contacted customer support on Sept 7th and asked them to escalate the ticket. They have a bunch of logs from one of my machines but I have not heard anything back from them yet. 

In in the interim i've just resigned myself to having to install hamachi on all our devices, which was a pain. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@paulquevedojdrf  Thank you for creating a ticket.  We should have a better understanding after the logs are reviewed. 

If anyone else can help by doing the same, we can find a speedier resolution. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!