cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzch1
Active Contributor

Engaging Remote Keyboard from a Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) to any computer

I've been having no success with engaging a remote keyboard on a connection.  At first, I thought I kind of put it off thinking it must be due to my remote computers but I've isolated this behavior to the following conditions.

1. Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) fully updated.  

2. LogMeIn Central version 4.1.0.9795 running on the Mac referenced above.  

3. The setup is on another co-worker and he has the same environments and has the same issues. 

Currently, my workaround is to pull my other computer Surface or Windows or my desktop iMac (10.13.6)  running the same LogMein Central client version as stated in #2 the connection enables/engagees the remote keyboard succefully.   It has been several weeks and so I finally opened a support case with LogMeIn. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Engaging Remote Keyboard from a Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) to any computer

Hi @zoid

The most current release is 64 bit for Mojave compatibility, remote keyboard entry should be working. From the one case that I know was investigated, it turned out to be webroot causing the issue. Do you have webroot installed and enabled on the Mac you are having issues with? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lzch1  I don't know of any current issues like that with the newest LMI builds.  You might actually want to   so they can document the failure further.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lzch1
Active Contributor

Hello Ash! I've attempted to reach out multiple times to LogMein.    All I can say is nothing has been corrected or fixed for me.  I really don't know what to do with a few of our users that do use this and don't have any way to remote into their desktops from Mac.

Spoken with a L3 Support and L2 Support.  They are officially saying:

No Support (temporarily) for LogMein Pro on a MAC running OS 10.14 (Mojave) and LogMeIn Version 4.1.0.9795 (Sep 14 2018).   This is not something I think LogMeIn wants to make public but I seem to be at wits end as to what to do.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lzch1   I don't think that's the right message that was sent by support.  Just because we don't know what the issue is currently does not mean we can't fix it in subsequent releases.  From your case filed with us it looks like there is movement on the details to bring engineering into the fray.  I would then expect more knowledge around the problem in the coming weeks...

Unfortunately it's not something we recreated during initial testing so the fix will not be immediate.  I apologize for the delay in recognition.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lzch1
Active Contributor

Ash, Sorry I've corrected my statement.  This is after a back and forth verbal discussion with L2.  They are aware of LogMeIn Pro not going to work on MacOS 10.14 Mojave till an update can be developed.   

That being said our shop has multiple users that use this as their remote desktop when attempting to connect to a host.  So we are not able to use this at all.  

lzch1
Active Contributor

Several days have passed by.  I have yet to receive any communication regarding an update on where we stand on this?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @lzch1

I apologize for the frustration. After a quick look into your case and from the log files you provided the host has webroot installed, has it been disabled?

zoid
Active Contributor

When is their going to be a Mac LogMeIn update for Majave. I don't need it to work in HD or Dark Screen Mode. Whatever your developers can do so that I have remote Keyboard and Mutitasking with other programs on my Mac that is all I care about. I know others want a a full fix but whatever you can give me now would be greatly appreciated.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @zoid

The most current release is 64 bit for Mojave compatibility, remote keyboard entry should be working. From the one case that I know was investigated, it turned out to be webroot causing the issue. Do you have webroot installed and enabled on the Mac you are having issues with? 

lzch1
Active Contributor

Glen, Yes Webroot is installed.  This is a corporate security package that is required.  This same package is on all Mac's that have Mojave running.  Interesting.. that you point to that and I disabled it temporarily and it works fine.  Meaning.. I can remote connect and enage keyboard.    Webroot has installed another layer of security called "Secure Keyboard Entry"   I was not aware of this till you pointed me to look at if i have Webroot installed.  Once, I disabled "Secure Keyboard Entry" I can gain control of my remote keyboard.  

After several weeks I finally got a solid solution and answer.  THANK YOU!!