cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Error 2503 and 2502

I have a user who is trying to install LMI Pro on her new Win 8 PC and she is getting an Internal error 2503 and 2502.  I have checked permissions on the installer as well as run the compatibility troubleshooter and it still just results in these errors.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Error 2503 and 2502

im getting the exact same error, have elevated installer permissions and ran install as admin. Have run in troubleshoot compatability mode. What else could could possibly work? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

well i just got it to work. I found the Installer folder within c:/windows using explorerxp and gave it administrator rights. It kept saying access denied for each file inside the folder but i kept pressing continue till all the files were processed. That made the install worked. If you want to go crazy with it, do the same thing for the entire c:/windows folder, BUT IT WILL TAKE YOU A WHILE! 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just figured it out. It may have something to do with it being a .msi and not a .exe not giving me at least the run as admin option directly. So, run a command prompt as admin, cd to the dir the installer is, run it through command line.

Win8.1 pro 64bit.

Highlighted
New Contributor

i have 2502

Highlighted
New Contributor