cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diana97311
New Contributor

How to stop System Preferences loads upon startup

Since the upgrade to OS Catalina, whenever I start up my computer, system preferences loads everytime. I also just got a new computer and had to reinstall logmein on the new computer, and once it was isntalled, everytime I turn on the computer system preferences loads. I know it is because of Logmein. How do I stop this from happeneing. I have granted logmein all the premissions.

6 REPLIES 6
Roryknepp
Active Contributor

Re: How to stop System Preferences loads upon startup

I have this same problem. I cannot figure out why everyday it opens system preferences on the iMac. 

Roryknepp
Active Contributor

I may have a solution. quit Logmein control panel. go into system preferences, Security and Privacy. then Accessibility. click the lock to make changes. delete the LMIGUIAgent. then close preferences. now start up Logmein control panel. It will  say that you need to approve access to security and privacy preferences and will help you do it. It will open the system prefences then go to Accessibility and check the LMIGUIAgent which will be back.

diana97311
New Contributor

Hi. Thanks for the info. I tried this and it does not work. Bummer.
Roryknepp
Active Contributor

I did use Clean my mac and completely uninstalled logmein. then I downloaded it again and reinstalled it. Then i made those system prefernece adjustments. I think the mac needs to be asked to allow for those permissions. I also use clean my to repair disk permissions. 

diana97311
New Contributor

This is a brand new computer. I just installed it for the first time. There’s basically nothing on the computer. And when I upgraded my other iMac to Catalina it happened too. I’m thinking there’s something to do with Catalina.

After doing those last steps did your issue resolve?
Roryknepp
Active Contributor

It actually hasn't worked.  It's an issue with their app asking for permissions. It should have been fixed already. The other thing that happens is if the screen display is asleep logmei cannot wake the screen. It's been like that for years.