cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bburleson
New Contributor

I want to hear from anyone who has actually been hacked and accessed.

Hello everyone,

My account was accessed last week, and used quite a bit.  I have suffered the loss of data and money.  I laso know of at least one other similar situation last week.  There is no way the hackers got my password right on their first attempt and I never got an email telling me of an uncesseful attempt.

Somethiong is wrong at LMI and I am going to find the truth.

6 REPLIES 6
epad
Active Contributor

Re: I want to hear from anyone who has actually been hacked and accessed.

It doesn't help that your post was modified by LMI admins...
bburleson
New Contributor

LMI removed my contact information. I can only assume it was to be sure they could monitor all communications between their customers.
scoutfinch
New Contributor

I've received an email from LMI that my account was accessed from an unfamiliar computer in Orange CA.  As you said in your post, it was the first message of its sort - there were no immediately prior messages of failed log in attempts.  And LMI is closed right now, so I can't call them and find out more information.  In the past, I have gotten emails about failed log in attempts from other countries (India and others), but this is the first time that I've gotten a message saying the log in was successful.  

epad
Active Contributor

Is it possible you saved the password in the ignition client on a laptop and that client / person traveled to Orange County?
TennisBum22
New Contributor

I just found out that I was hacked last week.  They got into my Quick books account and added employees , and bank accounts and made my quick books pay these guys.  Last week, it paid a guy $1500 and it was set to write checks for $40k for this week!  I caught it via an email that said I had no employees.  When checking the logmein logs, I had all sorts of computers logging into my computer from different places.  It seems that Logmein should be tracking that unusual activity and emailing me a heads up, but they did not.  I will be calling them.

bburleson
New Contributor

Check your failed login attemps if you can.  I'd be surprized if anyone hacked you on the first attempt.  Thats how it was with me.  I still believe LMI has a problem.