cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJG1

In Reports: What is the difference between Remote Session and Remote Access Session?

Looking for an explanation related to reports and genrating them:

What is the difference between Remote Session and Remote Access Session?

- and then, in "Remote Sessions" between "Remote Control" and "Background Access"

Is Remote Session just the time a computer was accessed (and related info..ip address, time...)?

Once you choose Remote Access Session, there are two types of sessions on my report; Remote Control and Background Access?  I could assume the Remote Control the user was logged in and remotely controlling the host computer; then Background Access, user is signed into the host but not using the host remotely?

I read the user guide, did not include these options in discussion/explanation.

Any guidance would be appreciated....

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
sgabs

Re: In Reports: What is the difference between Remote Session and Remote Access Session?

I'm needing the same assistance with these items on the remote.  We are trying to monitor employee use of working remotely and I have to be able to understand the differenece between the session and backgroun.

Any help would be apprecaited.

thx

Steve

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: In Reports: What is the difference between Remote Session and Remote Access Session?

Hi,

Remote Access Sessions only shows actual remote controls and is based off of gateway data.

Remote Sessions covers FM and background access, and is based off the host side reports.

In theory the latter should show RC sessions to be the same as the former, but due to the technology differences it may not always line up in every scenario.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!