cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Keyboard jumbles characters as I type

Hi

I'm a frequent but not very sophisticated user of Logmein Pro. Recently I've had trouble with the keyboard jumbling up the characters as I type. 

When I'm typing the characters are not all being transfered onto the remote computer at the same time, so, for example, whn I use the space bar a space will appear after another characterve typed subsequently. It affects all the characters on the keyboard and results in a weird dyslexic jumble.

Even more strangely the problem develops an hour or two into the session. At first its fine, then a character will appear two characters after I've typed it. It's driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do to clear it?

7 REPLIES 7
New Contributor

Re: Keyboard jumbles characters as I type

I have a similar issue

sometimes it is ok during a whole session, sometimes, after a while, typing characters, they seem to "arrive" at the host in a wrong order

it is not easy to pinpoint the conditions in which the issue occurs

OC

New Contributor

Same here... when I am typing, it duplicates the typed characters on a regular basis. This is for numerous systems on all logmein accounts!

It seems to be intermittent though, as some times are worse than others.

New Contributor

Hi,

This has happened to us for years. The only way we can solve it reliably is to reboot the computer you are sitting at. Sometimes closing and reopening the client you are sitting at will work, sometimes not. We find that rebooting and making a coffee or doing something else while it is being done is the best solution.

Drives us nuts too.

New Contributor

Re: Keyboard keystrokes run wild

Constant problem while typing - letters and number duplicate.  Have rebooted both computers and it seems to solve the problem for a few minutes and then it starts again.  Have tried slowing down the keystroke settings on both remote access computer and other, but to no avail.   I spend more time hitting the backspace key than actually typing.  Happening on all programs, ie excel, accounting software, microsoft outlook, etc. when remotely online.  Help .... it's driving me nuts !!

LogMeIn Contributor

@Lynda_F  Sorry for the frustrations!

Since the problem began, have you tried setting keyboard and mouse priority to the remote user through the LMI Pro Preferences?

What happens when you pull up the OnScreen Keyboard on the Host to use with your mouse?

New Contributor

I don't have access to the settings ... I need my IT guy to do this.  I printed and will give to him so he can change the settings.  My logmein account does not have this problems when I am remote accessing ... it's only thru IT/247 access.

New Contributor

I have had this problem for years.  I have found disconnecting/connecting to resolve the problem for at least 45 minutes or so before the problem returns.  Sometimes I can get several hours without the problem.  It is a nuisance.   I have tried setting both host and client keyboard priorities higher, neither worked.  Thanks for any help anyone might provide.