cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jofftait
New Contributor

Re: Needs Accessibility Permission pop up at every log in post Big Sur Update

Ridiculous LMI.  This is your popup, not Apple's.  Not to mention the fact you are constantly expiring my saved client computer login credentials.  You never got back to me on this issue.  Monterey and Big Sur updates.  BTW I live in Monterey and we have a strong competitor close by.  Please fix this ASAP.

Neuro
New Contributor

For what it's worth I've been able to not only make that stupid pop-up go away but also get a patronizing "Congratulations" screen saying I'm able to use the application.

I'm running MacOC Monterey (12.0.1) updated / installed today on an iMac (Late 2015)

This morning I utterly uninstalled anything LogMeIn (perhaps unnecessary, but it felt cleansing).  I then logged into the LogMeIn site as if this is a new system, dowloaded the software, installed it, became reacquainted with the pop up, and suppressed my animosity.

Then, I did the following and please note that I’m not entirely sure which step won me the favor of the LogMeIn pop-up gods but suspect it was the following:

- System Preferences > Security & Privacy

- Unlocked (bottom-left corner) and signed in with admin account

- Privacy tab and proceeded down every option checking for anything LogMeIn:
-- Location Services - not there
-- Contacts - not there
-- Calendars - not there
-- Reminders- not there
-- Photos- not there
-- Camera- not there
-- Microphone - **THERE** - LogMeIn - checked
-- Speech Recognition - not there
-- Accessibility - **THERE** - LMIGUIAgent, LogMeIn - checked
-- Input Monitoring - not there
-- Full Disk Access - **THERE** - LogMeIn Control Panel, LogMeIn Client, LogMeIn - checked
-- Files and Folders - nothing there to check
-- Screen Recording - **THERE** - LMIGUIAgent, LogMeIn - checked
-- Media & Apple Music - nothing there
-- HomeKit - nothing there
-- Bluetooth - nothing there

At this point I was still getting the pop-up every time I closed it.

BUT, when I clicked the "Lock" again the annoying pop-up of doom changed!

The stupid thing actually congratulated me on my success and said I should now enjoy using the program!!

NOTE: I’m not sure I’m thrilled with what I’ve allowed such as microphone and screen recording but I’m just saying the pop-up is gone.

Other things I did but am not sure it matters or was otherwise futile acts in desperation and frustration:

- After installation - during a flurry of LMI pop-ups that wouldn’t die - a "badge" came up on my desktop and, when I clicked it, was taken to System Preferences > Notifications & Focus

- In Notifications, along the left I selected the following:

—LogMein Control Panel: while I have the “Allow Notifications” on/blue I did set the alert style to “none” and unchecked everything in hopes it would stop the pop up.

—LogMeIn Menubar: to be honest, I didn’t touch that (didn’t see it at the time) and while it is also on/blue the alert style is set to “Alerts” and all of the boxes are checked in the same pane, but none in the bottom area of the window.

Also:

I then opened the LogMeIn Control Panel

- Options (left pane) > Preferences (right pane) - new window pops up

- In Preferences  I then click “Appearance” (left pane) then checked the box next to “Disable LogMeIn notification message” (right pane)

Like I said, that last bits are just to share what else I tried before finding the pop-up changed to shock me with a “Congrats” and I’ve not seen it since.  I’ve even quit the app and restarted it with success in not having the pop-up come back.

TEKserv
New Contributor

Neuro, Your information was most helpful.  I went through your list and checked the LMIGUIAgent which was unchecked under Screen Recording and the dialogue box went away immediately after it said "SUCCESS" with a bunch of colorful confetti.  Certainly the colorful confetti made the madness better.  

albs0512
New Contributor

I followed most of your advice - I did not uninstall, but rather went through the list you have above. The Full Disk Access had nothing so I added the 3 logmein's Also screen recording was not checked. When I clicked the lock, the pop up disappeared. But you must be lucky - I didn't get congratulated. 😉
DrBard
New Contributor

Re: LMI showing Pop up after update looking for Accessibility Permission

"Start Process" pop up still showing on my Mac just updated to Monterrey (12.1). Perists even after startup and turning Security prefs on and off and on again.

Tags (1)
DrBard
New Contributor

Preferences > Screen Recording > LMIGUIA box checked. Problem solved.
storkinsj
Active Contributor

thanks for this.

For those that are frustrated like I was at these annoying pop-ups that sometime show up behind your application, do realize this is largely out of the control of the developers outside of Apple.

these pop-ups and things like the new system integrity protection feature protect you from experiencing the same level of malware you would as a Windows user. some of those actions can be taken directly in windows without involving the user; next thing you know your voice is being recorded or your camera is being used without your permission. This has led to some very high profile hacks in recent years on windows.

The one super annoying thing that Apple does to developers is changing the behavior of an identical programming interface at a whim. this is not only frustrating for developers but, but they are punished when they try to keep their software working on older versions of Apple systems… Effectively bending over backwards to keep your stuff working at their expense. The same exact API on high Sierra will do something different than it does on Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. to make matters worse, no sooner have you upgraded your operating system to the next version… disabling much of your software that worked on the previous version… than Apple is commercialing the NEXT version and encouraging you to use beta software.

unfortunately the only reward software companies get for chasing this unstable Rube Goldberg machine of changes are comments like the one in this forum.

Yes, logmein can do a better job with the installer- but please give them a break.
jwdavis
New Contributor

A little communication from LogMeIn would go a long way, that’s all I’d like here.
mookichuk
New Contributor

This is what worked for me. Pop up gone ... but sadly no confetti. And i'm ok with that.

ilikepie
New Contributor

This worked for me and my team, thanks for the post! Curiously, the only thing I had to change to resolve the issue was the microphone box being checked. Despite the fact that nowhere in the popup did it state that the application would need microphone access. Would have certainly been nice to see LMI put out at least a note regarding this problem. Thanks again!