cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

LogMeIn stopped working on Chromebook

I know the Chromebook is offically not supported as the access device to my Windows remote PC but it worked pretty well until something just recently changed. Does anyone know what happened or if there is a workaround?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn stopped working on Chromebook

We have the same problem, it would be great if we could use our chromebooks for logmein.

This would be a powerful combo.

New Contributor

I agree that the Chromebook and LogMeIn would be a great combination, plus I've been a fan and user of LogMeIn for many, many years so I'm reluctant to change. However, the workaround I've found is to switch to Chrome Remote Desktop which is allowing me to remote control another computer from my Chromebook. 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @GlennRossman @Suresh3,

Sorry for any frustration. While we are not adding support for ChromeOS or Linux, we are working on a new HTML5 remote viewer. This will replace the previous browser based viewer that you have been able to use in the past.  I do not have an ETA for a release currently but, I will update this post when I do.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thanks for your attention to this. I look forward to the HTML5 version. I hate to leave LogMeIn so it will all depend on timing of when the HTML5 version is available and cost. Could be tough since Chrome Remote is free at this point.

New Contributor

LogMeIn has been working very well on Chromebook for remote access to WIndows PCs for years using Central.  About two weeks ago or so the Remote Control portion changed to an unusable mess and a new "Beta Monitor Viewer" was added that was poor at best.  I've tried submitting tickets to support twice and got the same non-results both times - sorry.   I also get a message to install Actice-X.  Please, this is 2018!  At this point LogMeIn is usless and we are actively trialing replacements.

New Contributor

Hey @GlennD I realize this is many months later or just curious if any updates and maybe I missed that you already did it

New Contributor

I haven't noticed any change, remote desktop is still terrible in Google Chrome on Chromebook. I really wish LogMeIn worked on my Chromebook, it would greatly improve my productivity!