Did you mean: 
Dizzyfish
Active Contributor

Re: LogMein Pro Crashes using OSX Mojave

@tomiette throws shade over the entire LMI dev team 🙂

HectorLarks
Active Contributor

wooooowwwwwwww thats the issue? THAT WAS THE ISSUE? greyscale when inactive?!?!?! I've been dealing with this productivity killer bug ever since Mojave came out in beta. Where's the mac developer team? On vacation? 

arm12345
New Contributor

I've just tried it and yes it works. What a catastrophic bloody issue over something so small...

I agree with HectorLarks. A MAJOR productivity killer since JUNE over something so small? Indeed, where ARE the mac developer team for nearly 4mths?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We released a fix for this issue this morning. The cause was related to an API change Apple introduced that affected the grayscale we used for the inactive state. We will now use a black screen for the inactive state. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
edhans
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi,

We released a fix for this issue this morning. The cause was related to an API change Apple introduced that affected the grayscale we used for the inactive state. We will now use a black screen for the inactive state. 

What? Black screen? So if we want to look at the LogMeIn screen we are logged into to get data and put it in another app, we cannot as your screen will go black?

That makes no sense.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @edhans

That is correct, at least for the time being. Mojave removes our access to use grayscale, possibly due to the introduction of their dark mode option. I believe our team will be researching if there is a new way to enable a grey screen in the future.

edhans
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi @edhans

That is correct, at least for the time being. Mojave removes our access to use grayscale, possibly due to the introduction of their dark mode option. I believe our team will be researching if there is a new way to enable a grey screen in the future.

@GlennD - why not just do nothing? No other app goes grey or black when I switch. Why would I want apps to do that? Makes no sense to me at all.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@edhans greying out non-active windows is a pretty standard UX method of highlighting what is in focus. Since that is what we have been doing up until now, it's more consistent to still do something. 

You can still disable greyscale in the client to disable the effect if you prefer.

computica
New Contributor

So I've had the crashing issue since getting Mojave and just yesterday it started working properly.

My client is 4.1.6934 and the Plugin is 11.0.1957.  When I check for updates, it says no updates.  So either it update without me knowing or it just started working.

I'm able to switch windows and the LogMeIn window doesn't grey out in the background when it's not the active window.

I'm not sure what happened, but for now it's working.

HectorLarks
Active Contributor

We’re not out of the woods yet. Run two or more remote sessions Mac to Windows and log in to both, then log out of 1st one. Client stalls and crashes all sessions.