cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
computica
New Contributor

Re: LogMein Pro Crashes using OSX Mojave

I'll try that when I don't care if I get kicked off. 😉

Do you have the same versions of Client and Plugin that I have?
HectorLarks
Active Contributor

Yes latest releases. 4.1.6934 plugin 1.0.1957. Seems that when the log off process occurs the client hangs waiting to hear back from the LogMeIn service on the host. If it doesn’t get a response in time it crashes bringing out your workflow and your patience.
zoid
Active Contributor

I tried this the mouse works perfectly but I am not able to type on the remote computer. Did you encounter this problem?
edhans
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

@edhans greying out non-active windows is a pretty standard UX method of highlighting what is in focus. Since that is what we have been doing up until now, it's more consistent to still do something. 

You can still disable greyscale in the client to disable the effect if you prefer.

Interesting. I am not a developer, but in just looking at how macOS and Windows handle apps that are not in focus, none of the apps I use, besides LogMeIn, switch background apps to greyscale or black. They just show the apps in their normal color. This includes Chrome, Safari, Office apps (Excel, Word, etc.), Power BI Desktop, Evernote, Crystal Reports, Edge, NotePad++, all of my Mac apps (Messages, Reminders, etc.).

None of them go greyscale when not the active app.

Can you give other examples besides LogMeIn where it is standard to switch to grayscale when not active?

Seems to  me it is better to do nothing and leave the apps visible and in color vs a black box.

PC6
New Contributor

Folks:

I use logmein client to connect to a computer across the Atlantic, and had this same problem.  I notice that the new logmein client update, version 4.1.6934  appears to have solved the crash problem that occured if you opened another window.   What a relief!

LomeinNoodles
New Contributor

Confirmed

arm12345
New Contributor

I'm assuming this complete blanking out of the screen when inactive now (or leaving fully coloured) is a temporary fix? I suppose having it remain in colour is perfectly fine, but for ten years or more it's been grey when inactive.

Rob-B
Active Contributor

I've got this problem too, I can't see the screen I'm working on when I switch to another window since I installed Mojave.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rob-B  Have you confirmed this settings is not active on your Mojave host?

ProColorQuality.png

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rob-B
Active Contributor

I hadn't checked that but it is set to Greyscale when Inactive.

I get a completely black screen when LMI isn't the active window.