cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mac host only showing desktop wallpaper and menu bar

Thanks for your patience everyone, we are working to determine the cause of this now.  As soon as I have more info I'll update this Community thread. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DebbiL

After years of no issues, I've lost keyboard & mouse control when I log in to a Mac mini (Catalina 10.15.7) from MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.6.4). When I access a Windows 7Pro machine from the notebook, it shows for a nanosecond, and then the PC crashes.

The Mac Mini and the MacBook both can fully access another Mini running Yosemite 10.10.5

I've rebooted, re-selected the files from Privacy, and re-installed Logmein with no change in results.

Next Step?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DebbiL 

Regarding the problem Mac host, can you please make sure that LMIGUIAgent.app, LogMeIn Client, LogMeIn Control Panel, and LogMeIn.app are all allowed within Privacy / Accessibility settings? 

With the problem Windows 7 machine, this might be a resource problem with the OS vs. endpoint needs.  In this case we may want to check the Windows + LMI event logs to confirm.  Feel free to give us a call when you have direct access to these hosts to troubleshoot. 

kcassidy
New Contributor

Re: Windows remote controlling Mac only desktop wallpaper and menu bar visible

Has there been a solution to this??? I haven't been able to use my computer since the OS upgrade a @#$!@#$ing YEAR ago. Logmein is up to date on both of my computers. the agent is able to record the screen. Any fixes????

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kcassidy I apologize for the frustration.  

If the Accessibility changes I suggested above have no effect upon your host connection, please give us a call at your convenience when you have direct access to this computer. 

andyjung
Active Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I've called support several times. The advice given has always been to run terminal commands to reset permissions, reboot, set permissions and try again.

This works for the initial connection directly afterward, but nothing beyond that. Logmein is of basically no use to me, at this point, leaving me with very few options for remote support.

Jimz18
Active Contributor

After adding all 3 to Privacy / Accessibility settings, This  is STILL not working!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jimz18 

Sorry for the frustration. After updating the Privacy and Security rules did you restart the session? Often with the new Mac Privacy settings changes will not take effect until you quit and start a new session.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
andyjung
Active Contributor

Hey Glenn,

I did restart the session.

As a follow on, I installed LogMeIn on to a new mac theother day and it appeared that it was going to work, until my user clicked "Allow" in a chrome prompt to allow microphone access. I wonder if there's a process or something that is bombing out. LMI is  a great product, but it's pretty much unusable in our Mac fleet.

Jimz18
Active Contributor

Still happening. I was able to recreate the issue by trying to install a printer. This triggered the screen to go blank again. Only showing the desktop and top menu bar.