cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dac72
Active Contributor

MacOS Catalina Support

Does the current version of LogMeIn Pro support MacOS Catalina?

Just upgraded to Catalina last night and I am able to remotely connect to the device device, however, I cannot manage it.  When I connect to the device I just get any empty desktop image without any icon or ability to do anything with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iceman285
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Catalina Support

Ok, I ran the uninstall script and completely removed logmein, downloaded it again and this time it comes up as the 64bit app version 4.1.7151.

Would be nice if LogMeIn was a little more clear about this!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
iceman285
Active Contributor

Starting with Mac OS Catalina there is no longer any support for 32bit apps. Until Logmein updates their software it will not work on Catalina. I am activly trying to find anything I can about the status of the Logmein client software update. Hopefully someone from Logmein will respond.

Roryknepp
Active Contributor

open system preferences, privacy, screen recording, click LogMein . that worked for me. also I went to full disk access and allowed LogMein control panel.

iceman285
Active Contributor

Roryknepp, does that work for both the client and control panel?

Roryknepp
Active Contributor

I think Client is 32bit. so it needs an update. I don't use the client app on my iMac. since i log in from an ipad or iPhone.
iceman285
Active Contributor

Ok, we use the Control Panel app as we support a few hundred remote PC's. Thanks, we'll just have to wait for LogMeIn to weigh in on the status of porting this to a full 64bit app.

ahankins
Active Contributor

Do you know what effect enabling/disabling "Full Disk Access" has with LogMeIn?  I left it unchecked but everything seems to work fine for me...

I do constantly get an error "The app cannot run simultaneously in two different sessions." When I attempt to launch the Control Panel from the menu bar. If i quit and relaunch the LogMein Control Panel, it works but after a reboot, this issue comes up again.

Also for those saying the LogMeIn Client app is not 64-bit, mine is & works fine under Catalina. I would try to reinstall from LogMein.com

iceman285
Active Contributor

Ahankins, as far as I know, full disk access is just as it sounds, if checked it allows logmein full access to your local disk.

I have not upgraded to Catalina for the simple fact that I support hundreds of remote users and I can't afford to lose access to logmein.

You might want to check if your client is indeed 64bit by following the below steps from OSXdaily... I update my client yesterday and it's still reporting 32bit.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/03/06/find-32-bit-apps-mac/

Regards

ahankins
Active Contributor

Yeah, I'm sure it's 64-bit. It works under Catalina (wouldn't be possible if it were 32-bit). Also Apple Sytem Profiler confirms...  it's version 4.1.7151, check your version?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0TGPXhJ1ng0h4_I0R4z8tobJw

I'm aware of what Full Disk Access permission does for certain apps, I just can't figure why LogMeIn would need this permission. Again, LogMeIn seems to work just fine without allowing this permission.  It's either a bug or there may be a feature of LogMeIn that I do not use that would require this permission. But remote access doesn't seem to be affected by it.

iceman285
Active Contributor

It looks like we are talking about two different applications, you do have a 64bit client however the latest available DL for the Mac Desktop App is still only 32bit.