cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahankins
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Catalina Support

Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean by Mac desktop app?  I know of 2 Mac apps by LogMeIn that are sort of bundled together during an install. I use the LogMeIn Client app to sign to my account and remotely control other machines that have LogMein installed. The LogMein Control Panel app enables that machine to be controlled. Both of these Mac apps are 64-bit & work under Catalina for controlling other machines and being remotely controlled.

Does that make sense?  If not, what does the app you are speaking of do that isn't covered by what I mentioned above?

iceman285
Active Contributor

Well, when I log into my logmein account and click the download arrow in the upper right I then click on the Mac Desktop App, that installs the LogMeIn client which is what I use. Is there a link to their 64 bit version that I am missing?

ahankins
Active Contributor

Interesting. First of all, you should be able to open the LogMein client app & select check for updates from the Application Menu... Get info on the App or go to About from the Application Menu to confirm.  The versions shown in my screenshot are 64-bit and work under Catalina.

Personally, I didn't click the download arrow, I installed the client by selecting "Add Computer" at the top of the middle pane. I don't know why the software version would be different but maybe give that a try.

ahankins
Active Contributor

Also, maybe try uninstalling LogMein completely and reinstalling it if all else fails. That’s really strange.
iceman285
Active Contributor

Ok, I ran the uninstall script and completely removed logmein, downloaded it again and this time it comes up as the 64bit app version 4.1.7151.

Would be nice if LogMeIn was a little more clear about this!

ahankins
Active Contributor

Glad it's showing up for you now!  I agree, the process should be more seamless... it seems that an update is needed for more complete support of Catalina.

iceman285
Active Contributor

What I guess was happening was since I had the 32bit version installed it was only checking on updates for the 32bit version and not checking for newer software overall. I am going to upgrade to Catalina tonight and give logmein a try and see if I get the same issues you are having and report back here my results.

dac72
Active Contributor

I tried this solution and it also resolved my issue of not being able to remotely control my Mac.  Thanks!

Roryknepp
Active Contributor

ive never used the client and had the 32bit version. i dont know if there is a 64bit one. i just deleted it since i never use it.

iceman285
Active Contributor

I can confirm that this resolved all issues with remote control. After applying the fix and upgrading to Catalina I was able to remote in and manage a machine.