cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahankins
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Catalina Support

What is the Full Disk Access permission for? LogMeIn seems to work just fine In Catalina without it and I don’t think it’s a good idea to advise users to blindly allow full disk access without providing a reason.
Jazmine_Clough
GoTo Contributor

Full Disk Access is when we are remoted in with the client app and need access to the machine, If you see LMIGuiAgent or Logmein in there, pleae put a check mark in there and click the lock at bottom to save changes.

Jazmine_Clough
GoTo Contributor

In the Mojave/Catalina OS
Go to System Preferences: System and Security, Privacy Tab then go to
Accessibility,( Click the lock at the bottom to make changes), enter credentials, then put check marks anything LMI(LogMeIn or G2p GoToMyPc Related (for your plan, including gotoassist if subscribed) also look fo BASH (very important for mouse control)and AESERVER ,
Then go down to all other folders expecially Full Disk Acces and SCREEN RECORDER put check marks.
Click lock to save changes, and then restart if that doesnt work go back again two more times Restart go back to system preferences, and that should, do it.

If you are having any trouble installing, then get rid of any antiviruses.

Jazmine_Clough
GoTo Contributor

The Mac desktop app is just the client app that some people need to download in order to have one click access to their hosts machines without having to log in everytime.

djzlmi

I have Catalina 10.15.2.  Have installed 64 bit version of app.  Every time I restart computer, Security and Privacy in System Preferences opens up.  I have all the requisite boxes checked off (and in fact remote control works from another computer), however after 10 restarts, the Systems Preferences dialog opens.  I have checked login startup settings and dock settings, and Systems Preferences is not supposed to open upon startup.  I have installed and reinstalled LogmeIn several times.

Please advise fix. 

dac72
Active Contributor

I have this same issue on several of my machines, afer many attempts to fix it on my own I finally called the logmein support line for advice.  I spent over an hour troubleshooting this issue with them and in the end they were totally useless and blamed it all on the MacOS.  When it became clear they ran out of things to "try" they became rude and told me it was not their issue and deferred me to Apple.  This is clearly an issue with their software but judging by their attitudes they have no intention to address it.  This last support (lack of support) experience was the final straw for me with this rediculously overpriced software, I will not be renewing my subscription to this service after it expires.

BTW... its comical to see that I was the one who started this thread back in October 2019 and there is still so much activity on these MacOS issues, all the while LogMeIn has done nearly nothing to correct their software to help their customers.

SW41
New Contributor

We also need to adapt the solution to use Jamf to manage the Macs so they can accept sessions with logmein.  

Jazmine_Clough
GoTo Contributor

In the Mojave/Catalina OS

Go to System Preferences: System and Security, Privacy Tab Click padlock at bottom of screen to unlock and make changes, Then go to

Accessibility TAb,( Click the lock at the bottom to make changes), enter credentials, then put check marks anything LMI(LogMeIn or G2p GoToMyPC Related (for your plan, including GoToAssist if subscribed) also look for BASH (very important for mouse control) and AESERVER as well ,

For Catalina users: Then go down to all other folders especially Full Disk Access and SCREEN RECORDER put check marks, for Logmein Client, LMI Gui Agent and so forth, This will only show up if you are Catalina, Everyone else (Mojave users) Its Just Accessibility

Click lock to save changes, and then restart if that doesn’t work go back again two more times Restart and that should, do it.

SW41
New Contributor

Can't unlock the lock, the remote user is NOT an admin.  

Jazmine_Clough
GoTo Contributor

That means you have to login  as administrator first on that machine