cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigvogel
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Catalina Support

FYI.  Catalina is not currently supported by LogMeIn and this software version doesn't exist

iceman285
Active Contributor

Craig, did you read this entire thread?  LogMeIn is indeed supported under Catalina. I have it running right now. Read the thread you you'll find the solution that works.

craigvogel
Active Contributor

Not supported.  The version mentioned in previous thread (4.1.7151) is not available via download from LogMeIn.  Just got off with tech support. Here's the text from https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/faq/is-logmein-compatible-with-macos-catalina

"The current LogMeIn Control Panel is not supported with macOS Catalina.
Apple's new security features related to consent make it more difficult to create a compatible version of the host software. You can find out more information about macOS Catalina's new security features here.
A new version of the LogMeIn Control panel that supports macOS Catalina will be released soon."

Fortunately, the guy on the phone revealed the actual fix:

1. system preferences/security & privacy/privacy

2. NEW ENTRY in Catalina called "Screen Recording"

3. add "bash" and "logmein" apps here and voila!

now v4.1.0.10593 from July works again!  hope this helps...

iceman285
Active Contributor

Ok, we're talking about two different things then. I was talking about the client not the control panel. Glad that they at least acknowledge that the control panel doesn't work and that a new version is coming.

craigvogel
Active Contributor

Ah OK.  I was responding to the first poster who said they could connect but not see/control. This behavior is due to the Catalina upgrade on the HOST computer, where LMI control panel runs.

This was my issue too and though it is not officially supported, allowing bash and LMI in the privacy settings for screen recording, does return LMI control panel on the host to proper operation.

hurdlejumper
New Contributor

That "actual fix" did it for me. Thanks for sharing that!
computica
New Contributor

I had a similar issue so I checked my version of LogMeIn Control Panel (host), which was just updated in the last day or two, but it was at 4.1.0.10893 (Oct 21) and not 4.1.7151.  4.1.7151 is the client program.  When I connected to my compouter from my phone I got the plain screen, evem after uninstalling and reinstalling the host.  I think went in System Prefs, Security & Privacy, Screen Recording and made sure LogMeIn.app was checked and then it worked.

So if you connect to a remote computer and you get just the Finder menu at the top and noting on the screen, make sure the Screen Recording is checked on the remote machine.  That might help.

RFRKeith
New Contributor

Spot on...Adding the permissions to Screen Recording and File and Disk access was the fix for me.

hurdlejumper
New Contributor

I used to be able to restart the Mac and log in remotely. Now I can only do the restart: I have to go to the Mac to log in. Not a huge deal since I'm walking over there anyway, but it inconvenient.

craigvogel
Active Contributor

this is broken again in 10.15.1.  no longer is there a bash entry in screen recording.  so you can remote connect and see everything but you can't control anything