cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyDee
Active Contributor

Need old installer for XP

I have 7 host computers that must run Windows XP (proprietary POS only works on XP for now). Logmein is working fine on these computer still (host software v4.1.0.9498) but I need to replace one of the computers and the current Logmein installer won't install on XP. Of course, Tech Supt was no help. Does anyone have an older installer. I'm convinced that if I can get it installed, it will work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remoteuser2007
Active Contributor

Re: Need old installer for XP

So it turns out, there were 2 installers - one for XP service pack 2 and XP service pack 3. A friend just tried installing the SP2 installer on SP3  and it didn't work. The SP3 installer did work. FYI.

View solution in original post

99 REPLIES 99
Anon56503
Active Contributor

I have the same issue.  Computer caught a virus and WinXP was reinstalled.   Let me know if you find the solution.

RickyDee
Active Contributor

I found an old installer on one of my other host machines. It was under downloads in my user directory. If you don't find it, I'd be glad to share it with you but not sure how to do that. suggestions?

mitmanlmi
New Contributor

Help with LMI XP Client

RickyDee
Active Contributor

Your message is not complete. How can i help you?

RickyDee
Active Contributor

I have two old installers for LogMeIn Pro what at least one will run on Windows XP. Remember, LogMeIn Pro runs fine on XP but the new installer does not. That may not always be true.

I'm willing to share the old installer but don's see any way to attach files here. The 2014 version is over 20 MB while the 2016 version is under 8 MB.

I'll share but you'll need to provide the mechanism.

jsar
New Contributor

Hello

Can you share the XP version 

Use wetransfert.com to your own email, and paste the link it send to you

Thank you

RickyDee
Active Contributor

Here are a couple of older LogMeIn Pro installers (2014 and 2016) that will run on XP. Enjoy.

https://we.tl/xkrjp8U5Kk 

jsar
New Contributor

can you send me the files with wetransfert to my email adresse, x409no1@hotmail.com

Thank you again !

RickyDee
Active Contributor

Sorry for previously posted wrong link. Please, use this link instead to find 2 older installers that should work with Windows XP.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/0bbed8fc2a161c68da7a63abed42b2c520171128195641/d2729c120a0024491d63...