cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Start Menu Icons Small in Windows 10

I'm seeing if there's a reason for the icons in the Start menu being so small and cannot even click on them.  Screenshot attached.  It seems like the scaling is completely off even though scaling is set to 100% in Windows display.  This is Windows 10 building 1803.  LMI is set to match resolution at 1900x1200.  The host resolution is 2880x1800.

2019-01-13_1449.png

14 REPLIES 14
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Start Menu Icons Small in Windows 10

@lostwitness  Sorry about the visibility there.  Did this just start happening, or has the view always been that way for this particular Host?

Active Contributor

This has happened for a while now. I think since installing Windows 10 1803. I just never came around to see if others have this issue and if there’s a solution.
LogMeIn Contributor

@lostwitness  OK, then you might want to start by changing the Host display settings to something else.  If all display options show the same behavior, it might be worth checking for driver updates on that Win10 device.

Active Contributor

The display drivers are definitely up to date
Active Contributor

Also, I have tried cycling through all resolutions on both ends. All have the same results
Active Contributor

I just reinstalled Windows, installed/updated all the drivers and installed LMI on my work laptop.  The start menu still have small icons.  Is no one else having this issue?

LogMeIn Contributor

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this on Windows 10.  I find it very strange that a full reinstall of the OS would have no effect at all.  Did you try to 'zoom' on the Host as well?

New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with a workstation.  Anyone come across any possible fix?

LogMeIn Contributor

@BCSTech  Could you please specify the operating system and display resolutions you've setup the PCs with?  Have you tested all combinations to see if there's any variance?