• AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11-Graphics
  • 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 16 GB)
  • 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD

- all drivers up-to-date.

No problems while connecting via RDP.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Start Menu Icons Small in Windows 10

@Anon53115  Thanks for those details.  We have some similar systems here, but cannot currently replicate with various display combinations.  Would you be able to create a case with Customer Support when you have time to work with the problem desktop?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I’ve dealt with this issue before 1803 Win build to current 1903. The issue cripples the start menu; and other areas of Windows as well. I have over 250 LMI Seats, and this issue effects only a few, but it happens on different brands, models and ages of computers. All use different drivers, components and firmware. It seems the only thing they have in common is the OS and LMI. I await the resolution.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @JimJelf ,

I don't believe we have enough data yet to determine the commonality (besides Windows + LMI).  Would you be able to phone into Support with access to one or more of the affected PCs?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Brief update:

Customer updated to Win 10 1809 + all patches up to 2019-06-30. LMI Client and HP drivers not updated yet. Problem gone.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Start Menu Icons Small in Windows 10 - Problem located, but no final solution

Update: The problem still occurs under W10 1903 and 1909.

This happens whenever there is NO display attached to the PC, or when the display doesn't identify itself to the PC when display is switched off. Attach a display or switch it on -> all fine...

It seems that windows reports wrong display data/configuration to LMI when there's no display attached.

Maybe it depends on make/model of CPU and/or graphics chip. I had this problems on machines with AMD Ryzen cpu and AMD VEGA RX11 graphics, can't determine if Intel or NVidia have the same problem.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Start Menu Icons Small in Windows 10 - Problem located, but no final solution

Same issue here.

Seems to happen when a desktop machine has the display removed after connection via LMI.

On laptops it happens when the lid is closed and the display turns off.

It is very annoying and means that the LMI session is almost unusable. Also noticed that the same issue screws up the windows 10 settings screens so that you can scoll the settings but the screen never changes also get ghosting on resize of the settings window.

Interestingly with a desktop in our office the issue presents when the screen is removed. However, connecting via RDP session work fine so it is something to do with how LMI interprets the display.

As I see it this needs to be addressed by LMI support.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are having the same problem. A lot of our employees have their laptop lid closed when in a dock. They have to disconnect all of their monitors and open the lid for us to provide support. Settings app unusable. This is a pretty serious bug as it affects our remote servers/desktops that don't have a monitor, people are just using them to remote in.