After I got the response that the latest build fixed things, I responded to them that it did not. In some cases it works but not always so if it isn't going to work 100% then you might as well say it isn't working since it is not reliable and requires connecting to the remote computer to truly see if there are any windows updates available.
All we can do is hope with the latest Windows 8.1 update 2 that things will improve.
I received and email from support stating the problems was fixed and to test. When I tested, I still had the same issue. I emailed them again to let them know, and they told me that I needed to wait until the next setup of Windows Updates. So we will see 🙂
I concur and this is really troublesome. My issues are that sometimes it says alerts are there by showing the yellow alert and then you go into the alerts and it shows none available......or sometimes it maybe show a number of alerts there and when we connect to the computer, they are already installed.
2 years later according to the date and the issue REMAINS. I feel your frustration
go into DEVICE MANAGER and update the driver manually
this will clear most of the updates reported from LMI
not sure why the PC does not find them when checking for updates
I contacted Microsoft and they were not very helpful either
After some experimening, a tech support call to LogMeIn and seome prayer, we found a solution (albeit not elegant). Just uninstall LMI, reboot the machine and redeploy the LMI app. Solved it with 20 machines!