cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahankins
Active Contributor

macOS Catalina - Full Disk Access Permission?

I've seen a few people with LogMeIn issues be given advise to check the box next to LogMeIn in the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy pref pane.  My question is why does LogMeIn need "Full Disk Access"?  Or what affected if I don't grant this permission?  My setup seems to be working fine for both host & client without this box checked.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: macOS Catalina - Full Disk Access Permission?

Hi @ahankins ,

This requirement was a recent change made by Apple in order to fully screen share and control the remote device without interruption.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ahankins
Active Contributor

I’m not referring to the Screen Recording section, but the Full Disk Access. I have this unchecked but LogMeIn seems to work as expected. I can’t figure out what this is used for.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ahankins Disc Access is specifically for File Management and some other core functionalities.

ahankins
Active Contributor

Hmm i'm not sure that's it. I have LogMeIn *unchecked* in the Full Disk Access section of Security & Privacy and I'm able to select and generate a link to share files. It even works with files outside of my Home folder.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

In that case I may be wrong, but I'll add that we typically ask for full permissions from Apple just in case they change another security policy in the near future.  It's entirely possible that permission is not needed at this time.