cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gldr
New Contributor

system (hp spectre x360) freezes with logmein installed

Hi,

Logmein seems to cause a problem on the HP spectre x360. When Logmein installed, the touchscreen and touch area stop working and the computer sends only a beeping sound. When I uninstall Logmein, it works fine. It seems that Logmein interfers with the drivers in a negative way. Running win 10 home.

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: system (hp spectre x360) freezes with logmein installed

Hi @gldr ,

I'm sorry about the conflict there with your touch-screen client functionality.

There may be a solution for your touch-screen PC, though you would have to make a registry change there to disable the Touch Filter Driver, located here:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\RemoteControl (set the value to 1). 

If you want assistance with troubleshooting, feel free to contact our support staff at your convenience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tstory

I am having this same issue. I do not see the registery file to disable the touch filter driver. Is it named something else or does it need to be created?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Tstory  It should be at that location exactly, but feel free to call our support staff for assistance.

Additional reference documentation

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gldr
New Contributor

@Tstory  It’s not a file, it’s a key in the registry. Use the registry editor to open the registry and then find the location mentioned. You can change the value of the key mentioned.