cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LdnFiz
Visitor

Re: LogMeIn Rescue not working in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Under "Security & Privacy", (the padlock needs to be open) so that you can make remove/readd the tick.  If the "Support-LogmeinRescue" window has frozen you could try force quitting it and trying again.  If it still fails you could try booting the Mac in safe mode and see if you have any better luck.

dbalzotti
Active Contributor

I know the padlock has to be unlocked. The checkbox is still frozen checked but doesn't allow remote control. You can see in the screen capture video I posted. You also cannot remove the Support-LogmeinRescue entry by hitting the minus button below, its just stuck. I even tried running tccutil reset Accessibility from command prompt and having the customer reconnect, still no luck. This is not a problem with first time connections, its returning users who have already granted permissions. The Support-LogmeinRescue box under Accessibility is frozen checked but doesn't allow control.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

Thanks for the updates.  We will continue to work with Apple to gain a better understanding of why they may be disallowing LMI access.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
diggio
New Contributor

We are having the same issue with a Mac on Catalina 10.15.6. The accessibility settings are checked by default when we start the support session and are unable to uncheck it. I ensured that the padlock was unlocked, and we were able to uncheck other LMI Rescue settings such as the screen recording setting. 

MVIMG_20200904_114911_small.jpg

haykong

I can confirm there is an issue with LogMein Rescue and  Mac OS 10.15.6 ... same thing as the way people describe it in the post. 

with older versions of Catalina like 10.15.4 there's no issue..

fennmart

You shared a useful post and thanks for sharing to us.

SteveinMD1

OK, so is LMI now taking the position that Rescue is no longer supported for Mac OSX 10.15?  That's  huge for us.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SteveinMD1  Rescue is fully supported on Mac operating systems, and we are currently working with Apple to identify the security triggers necessary to allow full functionality.  I apologize that this is taking longer than expected.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
shri
Active Contributor

i belive reset Accessibility will fix this issue

command for reset accessibility:  tccutil reset Accessibility

command for reset screen recording : tccutil reset ScreenCapture

note: both command will clear ALL ENTRIES in Accessibility and Screen Recording 

dn1p

I had the same issue and I opened a ticket with LMI support. They gave me a script to run in Terminal and it worked perfectly! Figured I would share to see if it works for anyone else.

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/LogMeIn-Rescue $ rm /tmp/lmi.txt ; CX_LOG=/tmp/lmi.txt /Applications/LogMeIn-Rescue.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeIn-Rescue >>/tmp/lmi.txt 2>&1