cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lance-CDP

LMI Rescue - Session Connecting and Disconnecting

I use LMI Rescue for both support sessions with clients and unattended access on some of their machines. I've noticed an issue that when I'm not connected to our company's VPN, I'll have an issue staying connected to a very specific handful of our clients' machines (other client machines have no problem with the connection). The session will attempt to connect and then disconnect every few seconds, and that's all it will ever do. 

8:39 AM Connecting to: control.app12-20.logmeinrescue.com (216.219.115.64:443)
8:39 AM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
8:39 AM Customer Applet is running as a Windows system service.
8:39 AM Switched to P2P
8:39 AM The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer reestablishes a network connection.
8:39 AM Disconnected (Applet)
8:39 AM Connecting to: control.app12-20.logmeinrescue.com (216.219.115.64:443)
8:39 AM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
8:39 AM Switched to P2P
8:39 AM The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer reestablishes a network connection.
8:39 AM Disconnected (Applet)

I've adjust the MTU value of my own router (both router's optimal and lowest I could make it), but the issue still occurs. My biggest concern is running into a situation where I'll need that VPN to stay connected but not have it available. Again, this only happens on a specific group of clients. I have no issues staying connected to the majority of clients, even while not using our VPN. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
William-CDP

Re: LMI Rescue - Session Connecting and Disconnecting

This is a very important issue we are facing. It is causing us to have to resport to using other remote software when we pay a large amount of money for this one.

We are working from home, using different ISPs and routers. Some wired, some wireless.

We do not have this issue with any of the other remote software. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

I apologize for the recent trouble.

Do you know if there is any common security software / firewalls involved with the affected work stations?  It is also possible that a group proxy may be blocking the P2P connection with Rescue. 

If you're able to troubleshoot with Customer Support by disabling P2P temporarily we may be able to find the root cause. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
dwilkins

I have also been experiencing this issue as well over the past two weeks. Where I've been able to connect to any of my remote computers at will in the past, I can only reliably know I can connect to machines on my LAN currently.

Have raised the issue with tech support (case 13852847) and have been promised responses or updates twice, I have yet to receive anything.

I am also looking at a replacement product now, as a large majority of my work force is at remote job sites.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@dwilkins  It looks like the support rep sent you a follow up email with a request for screen shots or video of the problem as it's happening.  Since we are unable to reproduce this internally, could you please check your email filters for the message sent last week and respond directly to that email itself?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!