cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

LogMeIn Rescue not working in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

after updated to Catalina 10.15.6 LMI Rescue app is not working, we have enabled support LogMeIn Rescue app in Accessibility and screen recording but not able to control the Macs. 

Tried to add manually but its not working, not able to add in Accessibility and screen recording.

any solution for this?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Rescue not working in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Hi @shri

How many Macs is this currently affecting?

Have you re-installed the Rescue endpoint software to troubleshoot?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC , thank you for your response. we have this issue in some Mac's not able to uncheck and recheck Support LogMeIn Resuce in Screen Recording and Accessibility. due to this we are not able to view and work on end user system.

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 10.24.51 PM.jpg

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Having the same issue. Can't control but Support-LogmeinRescue is already checked under Security & Privacy > Accessibility and Screen Recording. The Support-LogmeinRescue box is frozen and can't be unchecked/rechecked so their is no way to control the users Mac.

Highlighted
New Contributor

You need to remove the ticks and then re-add ticks (under Security & Privacy > Accessibility and Screen Recording "Support-LogmeinRescue" box).

Highlighted
Active Contributor

If you read my post I specifically say that you can't uncheck and recheck the box. It is frozen checked. I even included a screen capture video to demonstrate the issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Under "Security & Privacy", (the padlock needs to be open) so that you can make remove/readd the tick.  If the "Support-LogmeinRescue" window has frozen you could try force quitting it and trying again.  If it still fails you could try booting the Mac in safe mode and see if you have any better luck.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I know the padlock has to be unlocked. The checkbox is still frozen checked but doesn't allow remote control. You can see in the screen capture video I posted. You also cannot remove the Support-LogmeinRescue entry by hitting the minus button below, its just stuck. I even tried running tccutil reset Accessibility from command prompt and having the customer reconnect, still no luck. This is not a problem with first time connections, its returning users who have already granted permissions. The Support-LogmeinRescue box under Accessibility is frozen checked but doesn't allow control.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are having the same issue with a Mac on Catalina 10.15.6. The accessibility settings are checked by default when we start the support session and are unable to uncheck it. I ensured that the padlock was unlocked, and we were able to uncheck other LMI Rescue settings such as the screen recording setting. 

MVIMG_20200904_114911_small.jpg

Highlighted
New Contributor

I can confirm there is an issue with LogMein Rescue and  Mac OS 10.15.6 ... same thing as the way people describe it in the post. 

with older versions of Catalina like 10.15.4 there's no issue..