cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

Hello,

When I remote control a customer's mac running macOS Catalina, I can see background,

top bar and LMIrescue window but I can't see all other windows on Mac.

In June, before the last macOS Catalina update , your article How-can-I-remote-control-a-customer-s-Mac-running-macOS-Catalina worked well for Catalina.

But now, when I go into Systeme Preferences > Security & privacy > all LMIrescue are checked in Accessibility/ Full disk Access/ Screen recording but it doesn’t work. The customer cannot uncheck to recheck Lmirescue.

The only thing possible is in Accessibility > "+" > Download > select Supportlogmeinrescue > Open and there I can move the mouse, click everywhere but I still do not see the windows as if Screen Recording does not work.

Same thing after restart the Mac, customer's account is in Admin.

We use Lmirescue in my company, latest version of the technicians console on MAC and Windows, it works for remote control on windows and MAC before Catalina. It’s hard for us not to be able to take control on Catalina.

Do you know the case and have a solution?

Thanks for your assistance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

I'm having the same issue with a majority of my customers. They connect but I can't control. When they go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy...The box for Support-LogmeinRescue is already checked under both Accessibility and Screen Recording but I can't control. If they try to uncheck and recheck the box is frozen checked. We will have to find another support tool if this isn't resolved soon as a majority of my customers are on macs.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

Hi,

There are a few security checks the end user must confirm before full control is granted by Catalina, including these:  System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > Add  supportlogmeinrescue

For a full guide with pics, please reference this support article:

https://support.logmeinrescue.com/rescue/help/how-can-i-remote-control-a-customers-mac-running-macos...

Highlighted
Active Contributor

These are users who have connected previously and have already granted control. When you go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility the Support-LogmeInRescue box is already checked but still doesn't allow remote control. The user cannot uncheck or recheck the box it is frozen checked. It also doesn't allow you to remove Support-LogMeInRescue by pressing the minus button. I have captured video of the issue and included log file below.

Link to log file and video capture of issue. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the updates.  We will continue to work with Apple to gain a better understanding of why they may be disallowing LMI access.