cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lockaby
New Contributor

Unattended Access - Windows 10 Lock screen.

Hello All.

I would like to post a question about a very specific topic.
Via Logmein either by console or application we are running unattended access for an asset that is setup for end user support.

A little information:
It is a PC that is setup for touch screen interaction and the only support besides hardware is a team setup somewhere else in the world.

Using logmein we are able to change anything we want, parameters, applications, front ends from the used URL.

Either way.
We found out that unattended access suits our needs. 
What we don`t know and is a mystery to us.
- The PC running windows 10 is active during the day, however over night we believe the unattended access is somehow interfering with Windows 10 in a way that it gets disconnected. 
We can`t see it in the logs besides:

2:18 PM Connecting to: control.app10-02.logmeinrescue.com (95.172.70.143:443)
2:18 PM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
2:18 PM Remote Control successfully initiated.
8:12 PM The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer reestablishes a network connection.
8:12 PM Disconnected (Applet)
8:12 PM Connecting to: control.app10-02.logmeinrescue.com (95.172.70.143:443)
8:12 PM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
8:27 PM Disconnected (Applet)

As you can see the applet reconnects.
The problem we are facing is that when the Unattended access is losing connection like this the PC locks itself into the Windows 10 log-on screen. 
This is not supposed to happen as the machine is setup to be active 24/24h a day for support reasons. 
The only way to re-initiate the booth to its normal business is a LMI Reboot and then some interaction. 

We have setup the Machine over Ethernet, And ruled out the network is the issue. 
We think we are almost there with as well ruling out windows 10 being the cause 
(Updates, group policy ect,) The machine is built to not reboot automatically. 

So that leaves us with LMI 
- Whenever we disconnect the session it goes back to lock screen
can we turn this off somehow?
- Is it possible that the LMI unattended access (always active) can timeout at some point?
(The console is setup on a pc that does not sleep or turn off as well, no hibernation or anything)

We are at a loss what It can be so I`m turning here for further solutions to look for. 🙂 
Thanks for the read! 
Let me know if you need anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended Access - Windows 10 Lock screen.

@Lockaby  One problem I was thinking of here, is if you have a network that refreshes the IPs of the PCs regularly.  If you were connected, and the IP were to suddenly change, this might explain the disconnect failure.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Lockaby  One problem I was thinking of here, is if you have a network that refreshes the IPs of the PCs regularly.  If you were connected, and the IP were to suddenly change, this might explain the disconnect failure.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Lockaby
New Contributor

Thanks AshC for your reply
We also figured the same, We need to check a little more on the network infrastructure.
For the moment it seems we have a static IP.
However we don't know much more.
Will update network side once we find out more.
Frank0861
Visitor

@AshC wrote:

@Lockaby  One problem I was thinking of here, is if you have a network that refreshes the IPs of the PCs regularly.  If you were connected, and the IP were to suddenly change, diebestetest this might explain the disconnect failure.

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!