cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmad
New Contributor

1 PC under 2 accounts

can i add 1 PC under 2 different accounts?

Example:

the owner has a logmein of his own that he uses to remotely control his PC.

His accountant also has his own logmein account and wants to use his account to remotely access that PC aswell.

Instead of using the owners account.

Is this possible??

With kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
Sim_Tech
New Contributor

A search on this subject found this post still unanswered.

We have our host PC already with a Logmein account which belongs to our IT support company. Understandably they will not issue us with their account details as it is used for their other clients. I required to also be able to have remote access as our Company Technical Director to fix issues that arise that do not require our IT support company's action.

Can I install a separate Logmein account with my own log in details on the same host PC?

Tags (1)
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Sim_Tech

As long as you have the permissions set correctly, then all users in your group can access the same Host PCs:  https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/specifying-permissions-for-users-and-user-groups-in-your-log... 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Sim_Tech
New Contributor

Thanks Ash but I cannot use the account that the IT support company has installed on the host as they would have to "sign me up" as one of their users which they do not want to do. They use their LogMeIn account exclusively for their technical people to deal with all their clients IT servicing.

I need separate remote access our computer which is already a host for LogMeIn with the IT company, with my own login user+pw. So I'm wondering if the one install of LogMeIn on the host (our computer) will allow for two different users and passwords one for the IT mob and one for me.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Sim_Tech  I'm sorry, the local installation can only be registered to one Pro account. You might consider GoToMyPC as an alternate remote access solution. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Sim_Tech
New Contributor

The banner on logmein.com says;

"LogMeIn is now GoTo!"

They bought out their opposition it would seem