cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathiau
Visitor

2 Monitors - Diff res. - LogMeIn will not go full screen on 2nd monitor (1080 / 1440)

Hello everyone,
I am helping out my wife who's work is using LogMeIn for remote access into their office.

At home she has 2 monitors
1 - 24" 1080;p
1 - 27" benQ 1440p monitor.

We have her set up with 2 separate screen sessions, she has 2 monitors at work.

The issue is, the 24" 1080 screen can open full screen and looks fine. But the 1440p monitor, only goes up to 1920 x 1080 res and leaves a large black border around it.

Is this is a limitation of LogMeIn? Can it not scale 2 different resolutions or is it a limit of the "source" computer screen resolutions?

I was planning to buy her a 2nd matching 1440p monitor, but if LogMeIn wont scale to use 1440p.....no real point.

Appreciate the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jamielogan
New Contributor

Re: 2 Monitors - Diff res. - LogMeIn will not go full screen on 2nd monitor (1080 / 1440)

After a year of zooming in my screen I have solved it.

Set logmein monitor to match resolutions. 

In your host PC create a custom resoltuion so for my Dell screen I have set this 2560 x 1440.

Apply this on the host PC and there you have it. A nice full screen on your remote PC. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jamielogan
New Contributor

Re: 2 Monitors - Diff res. - LogMeIn will not go full screen on 2nd monitor (1080 / 1440)

Hi. 

I have this same problem. Did you manage to find a solution or work around? 

At the moment I either have a black boarder around my screen or I have to resize the resolution to 1900 x 1200 then the image is all burry.

I would be interested in anything you found out. 

Jamie. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Mathiau , @Jamielogan  

If you're having display problems while using LogMeIn remotely, can you please confirm the current Host software version there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
chris45
Active Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue.

The host software I am running is 4.1.0.14344 (Mar 12 2021 17:10)

Chris

Jamielogan
New Contributor

After a year of zooming in my screen I have solved it.

Set logmein monitor to match resolutions. 

In your host PC create a custom resoltuion so for my Dell screen I have set this 2560 x 1440.

Apply this on the host PC and there you have it. A nice full screen on your remote PC. 

paras2

Hi. After quite some time fiddling with the settings, here is my solution: 

1. make sure your LogMeIn monitor is duplicating your remote monitor to enable resolution change. 

2. make sure the "blank screen" option is disabled. You can enable it after you change the resolution, but for whatever reason, when it is enabled, it doesn't read the resolution possibilities from your monitor. 

Hope this helps! No more black borders and a tiny screen on a 4K monitor!