cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliteescrow

3 monitors on remote 2 monitors on host

i have 3 monitors in the office (remote)

I have 2 monitors at home (host)

Before I leave work, I move all programs/documents off of my third screen in the office. But when I open an attachment (word doc or PDF) from an email, the document opens on my 3rd screen in the office, which I can't see at home. I ask someone in the office to drag the document to one of the 2 screens I can see, that works for that 1 document. When I open another document, it opens again on the 3rd screen I can't see. I thought if the document was closed on the screen I needed it on, that subsequent documents would also open on the same screen. 

The best solution I have is to unplug the 3rd monitor when I leave the office and plug it back in when I am back in the office. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: 3 monitors on remote 2 monitors on host

@eliteescrow  Have you tried making one of these monitors that you see remotely the 'primary' monitor in the operating system display preferences? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ablose

I am having the same issue, But I see 4 monitors.  At work, I only have 2 and when I would login at home, I would see the two monitors.  Now, out of nowhere, when I login at home, four monitor windows appear.  How do I go back to just 2 monitors?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ablose,

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? If the computer you are connecting to only has 2 monitors connected I'm not sure where the other two are coming from. Could they be virtual desktops that are being triggered somehow? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training