cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Some Color Quality Settings missing

@mporternl  I'm afraid the lowest display settings have been upgraded permanently to focus on higher resolution screens going forward.  I sincerely apologize that this has affected your workflow, and for the lack of warning about the functionality change.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kbowen
Active Contributor

So you are confirming Logmein is willing to get rid of customers over black and white settings. Got it. 

lostwitness
Active Contributor

I can't believe this! The grayscale feature was one of the best features especially over poor connection speeds. Also, the gray scale did perform better than the lower color setting. Please bring back gray scale as many have indicated in this thread!
YoYoDaddy
New Contributor

What a load of CRAP!!
YoYoDaddy
New Contributor

This change comes on top of all the price increases?! This 8-yr customer of LogMeIn if gone in March when my plan ENDS HERE!! Logmein has evolved into one of the WORST applications when it was one of the BEST (years ago!!).
remoted
Active Contributor

Has anyone quantified the data difference. In casual observation it seems significant.

I did get an email from logMeIn support that says the greyscale was actualy never smaller in traffic than the low color option. If nothing else, that can't be true based on frame rate alone. There is a noticable difference.

YoYoDaddy:  email me:  etropic at tropicdesert dot com

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @remoted 

Yes, our team based the decision on comparing the actual data use of the different options. HD quality provides the least amount of latency and the smoothest transition with an automatically adjusting resolution. We recommend these steps to improve your connection when needed: https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-can-I-speed-up-my-connection-to-the-host-computer-en...

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
remoted
Active Contributor

While attempting to provide the best expirience is great for a NetFlix streamer, it is NOT the primary concern of one of your largest customers. Bandwidth is. 

Question:

Is this setting possible to set in Central for all agents?

Adjust your network connection speed to achieve optimal performance during remote control.

• On the Remote Control toolbar, click Options > Network and select Slow to optimize your connection on lower speed connections
Taube022
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi @remoted 

Yes, our team based the decision on comparing the actual data use of the different options. HD quality provides the least amount of latency and the smoothest transition with an automatically adjusting resolution. We recommend these steps to improve your connection when needed: https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-can-I-speed-up-my-connection-to-the-host-computer-en...

No offense, but this isn't a real solution. You're directly quoting the article you've linked. We don't need a parrot, we need LMI to listen to its customers to actually provide better quality service. I've been using LMI for years for my job, and the lower color options were a lifesaver while working with customers that have terrible bandwidth, especially with how often the LMI client crashes. I have a hard time believing the data showed your customers didn't use the lower color options enough to keep them. Was it really such a burden to keep them? People in IT or related fields couldn't care less about smooth transitions when it comes to speed and getting things up and running quickly.  Some issues I work on now take well over an hour to fix, when previously, I could drop the color settings and get it done in 20. In a perfect world, all customers would have amazing speeds and all the bandwidth to offer, but that's not how it works. Unfortunately, I have no other option for remote software, so I'm stuck and my only option is to try to get it across how lousy this move was.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Taube022 

"I have a hard time believing the data showed your customers didn't use the lower color options enough to keep them." This is not what I said. Our team compared the amount of data being transmitted using the different options and found that grayscale was not more efficient, that is why it was removed. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training