Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_G
Active Contributor

Re: Command prompt closes immediately on connecting

Thank you Ash for your support offer.

I think that is not necessary.

All I need is a Logmein Client with working Copy and Paste commands in its remote Powershell module.

Problem has been around for months, and two Logmein Client versions after it's still there.

Regards

jowsr
Active Contributor

Agree that this issue is adding significant time to my day when trying to resolve issues. 

Having to re-type scripts into or out of the cmd window is wasting valuable time and means that more often than not taking over the users session is required to efficiently resolve issues (but obviously now interrupting the end user and wasting their time)

Please get this resolved soon!

MSolutions
Active Contributor

I would like to report that F5 is no longer working to remedy this issue.

LockonCC
Active Contributor

Any fix for this?

This seriously hampers my work because then instead of being able to perform tasks I have to contact the user to get a remote session.

PLEASE post a fix or workaround asap!

Thank you.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @LockonCC,

Sorry for the frustration. My understanding is we are in the process of deploying a fix, but it will take time to be available for all. The workaround we are currently recommending is to connect using our client application https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-to-connect-using-the-logmein-client-desktop-app-logmein-... 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
G_G
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, thank you for updating.

> The workaround we are currently recommending is to connect using our client application 

Actually the problem IS the client application.

Thank you again and Regards

GG

dw40
New Contributor

I got it working by remoting into the host and disabling Windows firewall. Then refreshing LMI window and opening a new cmd prompt.

dw40
New Contributor

Might need to log out and back into logmein for cmd prompt to work after disabling Windows Firewall.

Steps done:

Remoted into computer.

Disabled Window Firewall for Domain, Private, Public.

Set computer network to private.

Logged out of LMI and back in.

Opened cmd prompt.

MrHappy4
Active Contributor

It works for a little bit, then the next version breaks it, then they fix it again.

We did set a GPO to disable the firewall (still set to Domain), since our AV has its own anyways, and we haven't had problems with this latest version. We had it disabled for over a year though and it didn't help with the last version, so it's hit or miss.

Verricom
Active Contributor

All nice and easy except that doing so on some Windows servers will then lock the machine out of everything except local keyboard access. Might be fine on workstations but be careful as this is also exposes the machine to all manner of network nasties.