cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carvecream
Active Contributor

Disable Ctrl-Alt, this conflicts with Rhino 3D and many other content creation programs

We need to use ctrl-alt in combination with other mouse and keyboard manipulations to navigate in Rhino 3D as well as other programs we use on a regular basis.

Unfortunately pressing ctrl-alt while in a remote session kicks us out of the full screen mode which is EXTREMELY TEDIOUS. Can someone from Logmein offer a solution for this, preferably a way to disable this 'feature'.

thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
TorgeirHolm
Active Contributor

Re: Disable Ctrl-Alt, this conflicts with Rhino 3D and many other content creation programs

Yes please! I second this. We're experiencing the exact same problem with 3ds Max and LogMeIn. I also created a previous thread about this (which I see you found), but got no response. Glad to see more people asking for this.
Carvecream
Active Contributor

Re: Disable Ctrl-Alt, this conflicts with Rhino 3D and many other content creation programs

Hello will anyone from Logmein address this request??????

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Carvecream  I'm sorry we don't have any documentation on this issue.  Have you been able to reach Customer Support to see if they can gather system logs and LMI logs for a deeper dive into the cause? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TorgeirHolm
Active Contributor

There's no need for logs or a deep dive into the cause. LogMeIn's hard-coded CTRL-Alt shortcut to exit full screen is a common key press while working in Rhino and 3ds Max, as well as in other software applications. This is very disruptive when working remotely, so we need a way to either disable or remap LogMeIn's shortcut.
Carvecream
Active Contributor

Hi Ash,

Just please give us a way to remap the ctrl-alt hot key for popping out of 'fullscreen' mode in Logmein and problem will be solved. 

MPG

Any reply to this yet or did anyone find a work around on how to disable it?

TorgeirHolm
Active Contributor

@MPG No response from LogMeIn on the issue, and no work arounds. The lack of response is frankly very disappointing, when the problem is so clear, and a fix could be implemented quite easily. We're currently evaluating and looking at moving the entire team to Parsec when our current plan is up for renewal.