cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmall59715
Active Contributor

Feature Request: - resume file transfer

Hello - I'm posting here as it seems there is no dedicated discussion thread for feature requests.

I started a 200GB download file estimated to take ~48 hours.  My connection was interrupted a short while ago having only completed around half the task.  I restarted the transfer and was prompted to overwrite or skip.  There was no option to resume.  File transfer functionality has been around for decades.  "Resume Transfer" has long been accepted as standard and expected functionality.  Yet, LMI Pro doesn't seem to have it.  I did call support who confirmed there was no resume.  Just prior to writing this message, I selected "Overwrite".  It's already 8% complete (18GB).  At this rate, it would be done in another hour or two.  I suspect it actually is resuming transfer and verifying what's there, but there is no clear messaging to that effect.  What's up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dsmall59715
Active Contributor

Re: Feature Request: - resume file transfer

FYI - although it's not documented or even not immediately apparent, when I restarted the download, it actually does resume.  LogMeIn should update informational messaging to that effect and also add a "resume" feature to make it very clear that Resume is actually a feature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the enhancement idea @dsmall59715 !   I will bring this up with the dev team for a review.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pgalligan56
New Contributor

YES PLEASE!!
dsmall59715
Active Contributor

FYI - although it's not documented or even not immediately apparent, when I restarted the download, it actually does resume.  LogMeIn should update informational messaging to that effect and also add a "resume" feature to make it very clear that Resume is actually a feature.